Aldi lock on grips

hainman
hainman Posts: 699
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just wondering if anyone has used the lock on grips that aldi are selling....had a wee nosey at them last night and at only £2 they are pretty darn well made.only problem i seen is it is only one lock ring per grip but its in the middle....
Do you think these would still hold as well as the 2 ring set up.suppose for 2quid i cant go wrong if they are rubbish...
Giant Reign 2
Crohnie

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Pics or links, not seen them myself!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Me neither, are these advertised?
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • I think they must have had some left over from an offer in September.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • hainman
    yeh sorry think its the ones they were selling a while back,i'll try to get a link to them or go down and take a picture of them...
    They also had they ergonomic ones to.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • hainman
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • The Rookie
    For £2 they've got to be worth a pop!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • In my experience, theres usually a reason why things that cost a fraction of what they usually cost. Most of the time that turns out to be the quality.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • hainman
    at original price of £5 reduced to clear......not all cheap stuff is cheap stuff.....most of their stuff seems to be well thought of.
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited December 2012
    Agreed - I've bought some bits and all been usable. They just buy in huge quantities and sell it cheap and fast.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    I'm on my third winter in Aldi winter loves, just starting to loose the insulation capability on the fingers but still OK down to -5.....my Aldi mitts lasted twice as long as my 4 times more expensive Pro ones!
  • I'm on my third winter in Aldi winter loves, just starting to loose the insulation capability on the fingers but still OK down to -5.....my Aldi mitts lasted twice as long as my 4 times more expensive Pro ones!
    I went looking for these at the weekend but sadly there was nothing about. Im really keen to get a pair!
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Most of the Aldi cycle gear is excellent quality and better than a lot of some of the big brands, plus you can go and touch , feel and make your own mind up before buying.
  • hainman
    For 2quid i dont think i'll loose much sleep if there rotten.......
    Always handy as spares if nothing else....
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • I have bought cycling and other outdoor stuff from Aldi. The winter breathable cycling gloves made my hand sweat so much I couldn't get them off. The merino base layer turned out to be 50% merino. I agree, some of the stuff is OK, but it's cheap because it's not quite as good.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    Only thing about them that I'd be a bit uncertain about is the lock ring in the middle. Don't know how this would feel and if I'd like it. But like you say, for £2 it's worth a shot.
  • hainman
    Got them on and they actually feel fine on....
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • The Rookie
    Thanks for the report back.....`