The Tuesday Tribune..

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited December 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Well, four more working days left until we close for the festive season, so this being the longest short week ever..
Yesterday was a bank holiday here the the dark continent, so a day of win sitting in the sun and not doing anything contstructive..
Today I am alone in my "ZoZo" (say Portacabin) office, 90% of the staff aren't here so it's a day of watching movies and anything remotely entertaining on my all aluminium, non Windoze portable system.

Meh!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Yet more grief today as work accelerates towards Christmas - it didn't used to be this way
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Not quite lunch for me yet today, a trip to merthyr to do first but still another pre midday finish which gives me chance to gym up and finish my last few chrimble purchases.

Little else to report at the mo, crudmas when i get home.

Ps i definitely didn't move this from the morning thread i was beaten to by milliseconds. Its ok for you lot having a lie in but some of us have to wait for a break between ferrying plebs about
    Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

3 more interviews this week, might be an interesting new year.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • 3 more interviews this week, might be an interesting new year.

Yea, who knows, the parole board may just let you out to ride your bike in 2013! :D
  • Morning Losers!
    Had a bit of a lie in this morning as I have a doctors appointment in an hour to see what they can do about my face (not much I'm guessing). In typical mule style though, now that I've booked the appointment, the symptoms have begun to subside :roll:
    It's our departmental Christmas Do this afternoon, so we're off to a local(ish) pub for some festive grub and booze! :D Should be good fun and I'm looking forward to it, as it means we get off work early (and the boss usually ends up paying for everyone!)

Anywho, Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Tonight is the works Christmas outing. For some inexplicable reason I have agreed to go. The Creme Brulee better live up to expectation.

Between now and then, I've got 10+ hours of work to get out the way - much of which I shall spend on the hunt for a new, and very cool, piece of workshop tech that will make our work with composites etc so much more valuable. The good news about kit-hunting is it involves many hours listening to shizzle on you-tube. Could be worse!

All the while I shall be psyching myself for tonights promised frivolity and hilarity. Those that know me, know that I do neither frivol or hilar. F**kwittery is more my thing. I can f**kwit with the best of 'em.

Onwards! To coffee! And pretending to be a rounded member of The Team!

.......and you-tube. Lots of you-tube
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Why does everything suddenly become so urgent when others are trying to meet their deadlines before Christmas. Listen people, you've had 51 weeks to sort out your sh1t so don't count on me to bail you out the brown stuff.

Busy day and I just CBA. I need more time off. Nothing planned for this evening except some Thai food to look forward to.

Tea to pass the time.

Later......
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    3 more interviews this week, might be an interesting new year.

Yea, who knows, the parole board may just let you out to ride your bike in 2013! :D

They might, but then I have to deal with the wife.......
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    cicatriz wrote:
    Why does everything suddenly become so urgent when others are trying to meet their deadlines before Christmas..

Because they HAVE TO HAVE IT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.... so it can sit on their desk until the new year

Morning Santa's little helpers... joy to all men... and all that stuff..
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    In China as with the past 2 weeks - trip back from Beijing by train was worth it. Because of time difference my performance review is at 8:30 pm when I was supposed to be in one of Shanghai's finest pubs ffs. At 8:30 pm his time my boss and his team (excluding me) will be in one of Cambridge's finest pubs at his expense!
    China is a good place to work and I've missed out on Xmas build up which is a big win. Actually not really done two weeks work either....... Notable China bike fact is that all bikes in Peking used to be registered and some of the old ones still have the metal registration plate on them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Nowt much t'report from Hood town...
    Got yet another festive team meal... I've lost count now..

Anyway, better get on with replying to some emails.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

well after my long weekend off in mid wales (which was awesome btw :D ) i've come back to a load of shit to deal with that my fat incompetent (sp?) colleague has left me to deal with as he's farked off for christmas :x

i have loads to do this week anyway, but it looks like nothing will get done as this is priotity apparently :x

anyway, i'm off out for a ride later so that'll be good

laters :D
  • Had a bit of a lie in this morning as I have a doctors appointment in an hour to see what they can do about my face (not much I'm guessing). In typical mule style though, now that I've booked the appointment, the symptoms have begun to subside :roll:
    Well, it's not aids and I'm not going to die.
    Apparently, I have Shingles, but it's going away now, so I've been given some tablets to help with the nerve pain (which i haven't really noticed, coz i'm 'ard!). Hopefully I'll be reet before Christmas.

Now, how to waste a couple of hours until the Christmas meal, so far today I've done...... nothing! :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon freaks

I feel rough. I've not eaten for almost 48 hours now and am starting to feel rather peckish, might go and try some grub in a bit. Annoyingly being ill has delayed my bike plans a bit, might sort out the bikes this afternoon and head to Cannock tomorrow for some bike riding related fun.

Laters
  • Christmas is on the way,not feeling overly excited about it though.

meant to be visiting the ex over the weekend and just thinking if its a wise idea... prob not.

Nad the rest is work work work :(
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Happy as a large hamper of chocolate arrived from a client today, sad as the office vultures are circling... I have let them have one pack so far and the rest will be sneaking home with me later to enjoy with no guilt. No mugging the girl with the large box of chocolates in Cardiff tonight please! :)
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Hmm trip downt he road will be in order, i am snack short tonight.. nom nom
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    no guilt. No mugging the girl with the large box in Cardiff tonight please! :)

Can you be more specific, I take a lot of Merthyr girls home from Cardiff
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • She aint raising to the bait Gaz, we will just have to pick up any ladies with choclate in Cardiff later eh...
  • Gazlar
    Box of chocolates......bait?

You should know how to get a Merthyr girl into bed...................................piece of cake
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    Sorry to interrupt.... although you are talking about 2 of my favourite things...

Just been offered the job.

Currently frantically thinking about what this means and convincing myself that I have to accept, because if I don't I'll regret it. Anyway, carry on.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    congrats! even if you dont take it :)
  • foxc_uk wrote:
    Sorry to interrupt.... although you are talking about 2 of my favourite things...

Currently frantically thinking about what this means and convincing myself that I have to accept, because if I don't I'll regret it. Anyway, carry on.

If your closer to Wales and decent trails, Do it, if not don't do it :)

Oh yeh well done lass good effort
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk wrote:

If your closer to Wales and decent trails, Do it, if not don't do it :)

Oh yeh well done lass good effort
    Technically it's a move away from decent riding. However it is for a well known bicycle manufacturer.. so y'know, dream job n' all that...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    foxc_uk wrote:

Boom!

You rock, Missy. 8)

Now, think hard before you decide.

...but not too hard. There's only so many ways to say 'Yes'.

I have friends in That Town - they seem to survive. Half of them are G**hs, though..........
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:

Merthyr Tydfil and Girls are two of your favourite things? this could make some very interesting films ;)

Foxc, thats great if confusing news, I knew you had it in you
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:

Merthyr Tydfil and Girls are two of your favourite things? this could make some very interesting films ;)

Foxc, thats great if confusing news, I knew you had it in you
    hahaha, I didn't think that through did I?
    Clank wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    There's only so many ways to say 'Yes'.
    I'd actually come to the decision this morning while rationalising the argument ready to talk to the mothership. She'd be gutted if she knew I've reached this decision because of her!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    I'm not from Merthyr!

Well done Foxc - I need the motivation to look for a new job in the new year. Need more money and less hours in the office (still here and will be for a couple of hours yet).
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening crudees,

@ Foxc well done you

miss cmc mmmmmmmmm chocolate! Gimme some.

Been to a job near telford that should have taken a day, aced it in two hours so am now slacking through to mid Jan, just don't tell the tax payers that their beloved armed forces are work shy gets!

Off pedalling somewhere tomoz, it'll have to be local tho so i doubt any hills or dirt will be involved!

Onwards to xmas holiday celebration red wine!

ps anyone know how to delete a post accidentally made?
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    MissCMC wrote:
    I'm not from Merthyr!

Sorry you meant chocolates, I got confused when you said you had a big box........hence why I thought you were a Merthyr girl ;)

ignore me, I'm the resident crudcatcher gobshite
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp