Froome next year - what should he do?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited December 2012 in Pro race
There is talk of Froome tackling the 2013 TdF and Wiggins having a stab at the 2013 Giro.

Now I'm of the thought that in recent years its been the Giro's course that has been its toughest challenge and the competition in the Tour de France that is its toughest challenge. (This isn't to say that they aren't hard races).

My personal view is that while Froome may want the Tour de France, given the potential competition, he'd stand a better chance of winning the Giro and should go for that. I can't see Wiggins winning the Tour de France next year - with Contador, Schleck and proper mountains returning - but this thread is about Froome and while he may fair better in the Tour de France, team sky has made it clear that its a tactical game and the best tactics to me appear to be to attack the Giro.

So, in 2013 what should Froome do to win a GC? Flame away!
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments