kids new bike

Cookymonster38
Cookymonster38 Posts: 68
edited December 2012 in MTB general
going to try and get my 9 year old to start coming out with me on the bike , so ive bought her this for xmas as a starter to see if she likes it , best get her a helmet too :D

check out my home made stand too :lol:

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Her? Colour is wrong - should be pink obviously, and missing the sparkly fairy dust stuff, flowery stickers and streamers on the grips.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Her? Colour is wrong - should be pink obviously, and missing the sparkly fairy dust stuff, flowery stickers and streamers on the grips.

Couldnt agree more, unless shes a tomboy. That bike says a man bought it 100% ;)

Fair play to you though. I hope she likes it!
  • yh i know , last bike was pink with all the bells etc , not this time though because its going to get muddy , anyway i like the colour and mite keep it for myself lol
  • nope not a tomboy , all the tassels and bells etc be no good where its going :lol:
  • yh i know , last bike was pink with all the bells etc , not this time though because its going to get muddy , anyway i like the colour and mite keep it for myself lol

The truth always reveals itself.
  • you know :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nice one. Get her out on the trails. My 7 year old daughter loves riding off road, terrifying to watch sometimes though, she has no fear at all.
    They can start downhill racing at 10 years old :shock:
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Just got one of those or my son, decent kit.

But....just found out that kona do a 24" wheel stinky...oh for a lottery win.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Nice one. Get her out on the trails. My 7 year old daughter loves riding off road, terrifying to watch sometimes though, she has no fear at all.
    They can start downhill racing at 10 years old :shock:

yh i intend too , shes a bit of a timid girl so hope it brings her out of her shell so to speak :D
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Both my daughters have MTB's, both home built, the older who is a tomboy has a DJ Full Creme with Recon XC's, XT brakes etc etc, the youinger is a girly girl (although loves Cannock Chase) so although the bike is decently specced I used a Voltage frame which is resprayed Pink, it has a pink stem, pedals and even brake cables, she loves it so rides it more!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • hoping she gets into it as it will be good for her , at her age i was stripping down and rebuilding bikes , although they were nothing like the bikes of today :D

if she gets in to it i will start upgrading or get her new bike
  • just got our 6 year old a carerra blast, can't wait to see his face when santa drops it off.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • as far as the colour goes, you don't have to look far to see girls wearing headbands, socks, gloves and other girlie accesories in bright green, blue, yellow and pink.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    as far as the colour goes, you don't have to look far to see girls wearing headbands, socks, gloves and other girlie accesories in bright green, blue, yellow and pink.
    I tend not to ogle small girls.

Just saying.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools