five ten freerider shoes

thecube123
thecube123 Posts: 20
edited December 2012 in MTB general
Hi, does any have five ten freerider shoes and know if they are ok for use as a normal shoe
Thanks,

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'd say so, though, I have normal shoes for that- they're cheaper and will probably last better.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Do they have Stealth soles?

IME, they do not last long due to the soft compound used.
  • i got pair ,used first time today and like them a lot , comfy shoes with nice grip on my flats
    soles are stealth yes but id say far from soft as it sounds like im walking in heals lol may soften in time tho
    as said comfy so yes to your question
  • So the reinforced soles are ok for walking in?
  • Northwind
    Fine for walking in, aye. Though the heel cup's not the most padded/shaped, which occasionally gets a wee bit uncomfy (actually I'm still walking off a tendon inflamation from a push-up race with mine on, but I think I probably had the heel screwed up somehow to be fair)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • fine for walking in yes :wink:
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Had some. Great riding shoes but only in the dry. They can absorb huge amounts of water and take days to dry.
    I use Shimano AM41's now. Very nearly as grippy but much better suited to British weather.
  • Do 5.10 still have that problem with falling to pieces after a while.
    And what pedals do people recommend
  • Northwind
    They seem better than they used to be- at least, the Freeriders aren't made of cardboard (aaaargh don't get me started!) and seem better stitched too. Haven't had them long enough to be sure, I'm confident they'll outlast my Basics but then, they were crap.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Had mine for well over a year now, loads of use, been soaked loads of times but dry overnight in airing cupboard/top of radiator and not much sign of damage, few scuffs thats all.
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Had mine for well over a year now, loads of use, been soaked loads of times but dry overnight in airing cupboard/top of radiator and not much sign of damage, few scuffs thats all.

Good to hear as I've bought a pair to replace my slowly disintegrating AM40s.