Forum home Road cycling forum Your road bikes

Chinese miracle foil

oli2001oli2001 Posts: 350
edited December 2012 in Your road bikes
Here's my new steed. Based on a scott foil. It arrived friday with some farsports 50mm carbon clinchers( 1350g)
Full Spec;
52cm miracle trading mc 053 frame, forks and aero seatpost
full sram red TDF limited edition groupset
Farsports 50mm carbon clinchers with basalt/ceramic braking surface. Built with sapim cx-ray spokes; 1350g
selle italia slr team edition sadlle
ritchey wcs 4 axis stem
full carbon handlebars.(220g)
First 50 mile ride today, it felt fast but i did not : (
photoJPGm2.jpg

• napoleondnapoleond Posts: 5,990
    Surely you'd be more comfortable (not to mention able to use the drops better) if you rotate the bars down and the shifters up?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • oli2001oli2001 Posts: 350
    Need to sort me bars out though.....a few more pics
    photoJPGm4.jpg
    NewImagem3.jpg
    NewImagem6.jpg
    NewImagem8.jpg
    NewImagem9.jpg
    photoJPGm1.jpg
    photoJPGm2-1.jpg
    Too eager to get it built and rushed the bars. will sort out for deffo. realised within first 100 yards but didnt want to abort first mission
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    :P :P :):)
  • alihisgreatalihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Looks nice.. but you need to get the red version of red ;)
    yeah, would have been perfect, but picked up the full groupset off here for a great price, so had to go with the flow!(yellow)
  • Looks good.

What did it cost?

Did you have to pay import duty / VAT?
    cost £410 for frame, forks, seatpost headset & bars (including £35 for painting + £55 for posting) so about £320 for unpainted frame, could have had it unpainted in any carbon finish; UD, 3k or 12k weave, matt or gloss. The areas in the photo that look black are actually 3k carbon weave gloss; looks pretty ace close up.
    Wheels were £430
    Paid £8 import on the wheels and £35 on the frame, Got them to price up very low value on the boxes.
  • oli2001 wrote:
    Paid £8 import on the wheels and £35 on the frame, Got them to price up very low value on the boxes.

Ssssshhhhhh!

:o
    not sure whether to add graphics to the wheels or not? thinking of fulcrum racing speed xlr
  • Lovely looking bike !
    Did you buy the frame and wheels from a web site ?

Enjoy your new bike.
    Gavin
    frame and bits from miracle trading and the wheels from farsports. Loads of positive reviews etc online. My experience was excellent with both companies.