White bar tape on a black bike - yuk!

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited December 2012 in Road general
Owned my Spesh for a few months now which initially came with white bar tape and a white body geometry toupe saddle. Problem is, I have replaced the white bar tape with black; however, the saddle remains white. It doesnt necessarily need replacing but my bike looks a little odd without the coordinating colours of the bar tape. Shall I replace it with a black saddle, or just purchase white bar tape that doesn't get extremely grubby?

Thanks

Comments

• White tape will always get grubby, especially during wet periods. I'd say go black or just not care about it so much.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    My Trek initially came with white/red saddle and white tape. I put black bar tape on for obvious reasons and the saddle looks just fine. I've tried loads of other saddles but I can't find anything as comfortable so I'm sticking with it. Sod the rules, comfort is what's important on a 5 hour club run.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Rule 8, very simple.
  • Same situation with me, same bike, same saddle. I'm planning to buy the toupe saddle in black. only £40
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If you're cycling - you can't see the colour of the saddle.

It's really only a problem if you're not riding the bike ?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    If you do anything in your post you have way too much money and are a moron...

Just ride the flipping thing!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Rule 8, very simple.

= the best possible reason to leave them mismatched that there is!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    sharpie-professional-permanent-marker-pen.jpg

Sorted for a few quid.
  • White fizik tape can be easily cleaned with a bit of cream cleaner and a baby wipe. One set lasts me a year, even when using gloves with black leather palms. However that bloody stupid spongy/cork stuff is the most pointless invention ever. It’s designed to get dirty.
  • I have black and white tape on mine.

It's not my fault, it's a Felt and it came that way. It's not stripey to the extent of a Newcastle United kit, just the odd white stripe every now and then.

But the bike is white so it doesn't look as weird.

Also, it's the corky spongy stuff... :(
    Hills are like half life - they wait until you're 50% recovered from one before hitting you in the face with the next.

http://www.pedalmash.co.uk/