been out ?

Cookymonster38
Cookymonster38 Posts: 68
edited December 2012 in MTB general
whos been out in this lovely weather them :roll:
just done 2 hours around my local trails , love all the mud and sh*t , im like a big kid :D
rain snow sun im out in it all !

so whos been out then ?

Comments

• 3 laps of my local trails for Merida brass monkeys, great fun but I'm screwed now!
  • Was out on the roadie today, there's nowhere to mtb around here!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Did the roadie enjoy it or did you leave him in a ditch?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • had to go out to test my new gopro haha
  • querhoch
    querhoch Posts: 111
    i wont be able to get out til tuesday at the erliest. I took the dog for a walk on my locals the other day and it was like an ice rink, so Im not in any hurry. with luck the rain will have washed the ice away by then.
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    went out yesterday.

trails unrecognisable.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    3 laps of my local trails for Merida brass monkeys, great fun but I'm screwed now!

Only 1 lap for me :( Slippery roots = destroyed rear brake :?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Ventured out to Kirkhill forest, Aberdeen at first light. Frost, ice and in the covered areas, mud. Absolute blast. Came off four times on the ice though not at speed, and an amusing jackknife that left me running full tilt into a fallen pine, breaking rotten branches as I plummeted and ending up bent round it like Ned Beatty awaiting his just desserts. Thank Christ it was dawn.
    Voodoo Hoodoo
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Was out for a couple of hours - usual trails but wet and muddy in placed. Got rained on twice and did about half of it in the dark. Enjoyed it!
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Gutted miss notax, in fairness the three laps destroyed my little pins. In agony now.
  • we moan about the weather but it turns out the rain can be fun sometimes
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Entered a race, but only managed 3 out of 12 laps and my knee gave up on me :-(
  • Was out in the peak district yesterday, was brilliant. Good weather too, the mud was fun. Don't think I've ever done lockerbrook as quick as I did yesterday, loved it
    Ride my bike until I get home
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Went out for a local XC/bridleway/footpath explore yesterday. It was grim. Should have just gone out on the road bike. So muddy that my front wheel (with a Hans Dampf on it, not some gripless racing semi-slick) wasn't turning. It was clogged up against the fork arch and the tread was smoothed out so the mud on the tyre slid along the mud on the ground.

Then there were the gates and stiles every 50 metres, so I was having to lift 50lbs of mud and bike over my head.

I averaged 6.5mph, didn't go up or down any slopes, let alone mountains, and the mud ate a brand new (but bedded in) set of brake pads. :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    That's a pretty bad ride ^^.

We had a blast at our local mess around spot, did a few jumps and drops trails and rode the weathered dh trail.
  • Doesn't sound to great that :cry:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    went out friday, saturday and yesterday.

The local routes are unrecognisable, just swaithes of liquid mud or underwater. Tried walking the dog on part of it late yesterday and couldn't even stand up.

But it is quite good fun. The kids have been calling me 'mudman'. I haven't even thought about cleaning the bike. Ooooh noes surface rust on the chain!

Will be out again tonight.

The road bike would be just as bad though. The recent brief snow has broken up the useless surface dressing that Essex Highways has just put down on most of the road around here.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Gutted miss notax, in fairness the three laps destroyed my little pins. In agony now.

Well done getting 3 laps in! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Yesterday over in Hayfield
    see excellent coverage of ride by Proutster in Pics and vids section
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • local woods today, got totally soaked was like a mud wrestling pit!!!
    washing machine filter is going to hate me
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Nipped out for a little while today, chest still full of slime from the flu, no fun at all tbh.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • querhoch
    querhoch Posts: 111
    took the DH bike up the hills for a bit, but only rode the fireroad as the frost and subsequent thaw has turned everything else to mush. theres one section of the road that has a rut on the left hand side and I keep finding my way in to it, every damn time I ride there. im either gonna have to learn where it is or take a shovel and fill it in.
  • Saturday at Wycoller and Tuesday (was a great day weather wise) around Hurstwood, no one around was excellent.
    Off somewhere tomorrow but not sure where.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Went out last Sunday around Biggin Hill for an explore of the bridleways, unsurprisingly got covered in mud and horse shit. I hate getting cold, wet and muddy on the road bike but on the MTB it doesn't feel right unless I do.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols