QR skewer recommendations.

widge34
widge34 Posts: 900
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking for a pair of coloured qr skewers. Any recommendations? Looked at Superstar and Hope, both of which get good reviews, also looked at KCNC and token.
----
Widge.

Bird Zero 2
Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shimano - silver or black - colours.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    That^^^ is all you need. Shimano Deore, about a fiver. As the above expert points out, black is a colour. Or for twenty quid posted, I can let you have the pair of Hope Skewers that I replaced with Deores. Also black, just nowhere near as good
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • widge34
    I have black Shimano skewers and too be honest if they are better/safer than the coloured skewers then I would probably keep the Shimanos.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Shimano do the job better than nearly all the rest, they may be a little heavier but when it comes to holding your wheel on......
    I have XT simply beause I happened to come into a pair, otherwise Deore it is! There are a few other internal cam, they are generally significantly better than external.

Silver is a colour, black strictly is not.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ok it's a lack of colour, much like your sense of humour.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    If you want red the Mt Zoom ones are great for lightweight ones. Had some KCNC ones, not a fan, didn't feel like they actually clamped!

Can't beat Shimano for pure functionality though!
  • widge34
    Yeah, thinking I should just stick to my Shimano skewers. Cheers guys.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013