What was your type of cycling as a teenager?

2»

Comments

• Border Chieften (road bike-5speed!) - laterly fitted with 'cow horns'.
    Pro Star BMX
    Raleigh Tomahawk
  • i had a raleigh milk race as a 13th birthday present but never used it as it should have been then went on to mountain bikes now going back to road bikes
  • Rode trials since i was about 14.. Had so many bikes/numerous set-ups. Had a few Montys and Pashley 26Mhz frame/With kings etc. Then onto a few of those nasty Aluminium trials frames with no seats - which i never got on with too much.

Went onto a Custom Leesonfluid 609. Loved it for years. It was so street i ended BMXing!
    Bought a Twenty machine frame and rode it for yeeears. Brakeless park/bowl for a few.

Got back into Trials 3 years ago and got clive (Leesonbikes/sound man) to build me a '24" trials/BMX bike' Custom geo'/Spanish b.b/Reynolds 725! Weighs a tonn. But i do use it to ride into things 8)
    Streety thing like what Mackaskil rides.. But steel.

Had a few road bikes/Hackers.. Rode to/through holland on a bike i got for a fifty quid! No idea what it was.

Recently picked an immaculate Pashley 26mhz.. 7 years after my last one. 853 is so springy i love it! Def' a re-union going on with this one.

Got a Raleigh criterium which ive been ridin road on for about a year. Still on that riding the usual 30mile push few times a week. Occasionally do 60 or so. Not often i do more at the moment. Im from Nottingham so feels right wearing the old raleigh badge.

I have a Cannondale EVo project on the go at the moment but its a way off. Raleigh for now..

Always been trials/bmx/dirt until the last few years and now i frequently find myself at the mirror, flexing like the hulk, wearing lycra and telling myself im a cycling animal. I mean riding road..

I just love the little pouch at the back of our jumpers.. :mrgreen:

Still go out and make sure theres a few unusual tyre marks around the city though.. :shock:

Nice thread.
    Ride on.
  • Mother's Ephgrave no1 track frame (only one of my parent's that fitted me) with 5-speed simplex gears attached. Still have the frame in the shed