Who's the Greatest English Speaking Rider Who Didn't Make It

2»

Comments

• Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    The Plateau de Beille record is one of the most intriguing things a British cyclist has ever done. There are just so many questions about his career.

Graham Jones had a really good career, but he's said many times he just didn't have the confidence to put himself forward.
  • Jonny Bellis?

2007 1st u-23 European track:scratch race
    1st u-23 European track: Points race
    3rd World road race u 23
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Pross wrote:
    Dave, Matt Postle is allegedly making a comeback into the vets ranks next season - not looking forward to it! Dylan came back a couple of years back but seems to have given up again. John Evans (if that is who you meant) is now on the Canadian national teams coaching staff with Richard Wooles. I think he looks after the sprint team as a sort of soigneur.

That;s interesting to read Pross. Another pretty fast rider from Wales of my era, Richard Hughes. Definitely on the Welsh National Team.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Jonny Bellis?

3rd World road race u 23

Still time if he ever fully recovers his health.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    edited December 2012
    Pross wrote:
    Jonny Bellis?

3rd World road race u 23

Still time if he ever fully recovers his health.

Yeah...but huge 'if', unfortunately. On the upside, he seemed to be getting on better this year doing a few kernesses...on the downside a team have to be prepared to in essence sacrifice a team place in the full understanding that he's not going to be able to contribute for some time to come.

Bloody shame...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Dave, Matt Postle is allegedly making a comeback into the vets ranks next season - not looking forward to it! Dylan came back a couple of years back but seems to have given up again. John Evans (if that is who you meant) is now on the Canadian national teams coaching staff with Richard Wooles. I think he looks after the sprint team as a sort of soigneur.

That;s interesting to read Pross. Another pretty fast rider from Wales of my era, Richard Hughes. Definitely on the Welsh National Team.

Dave, one of the Welsh boys from that era got killed riding into the back of a parked car but I can't remember who it was.