DanDax1990
DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
edited December 2012 in The hub
What Music do you guys listen to?

Do any of you listen while you ride?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Lots
    No
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • varied
    yes
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Totally Varied. From Elvis to Erasure.....
    No chance.
  • Every evening when I wash the pots everything from bach to beatles. When I ride a bike , don't be daft.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I used to say I listen to all sorts of music, then I heard dubstep, and it changed my life. Now I have to say I listen to all sorts of music, apart from dubstep.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    McFly
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Northwind wrote:
    I used to say I listen to all sorts of music, then I heard dubstep, and it changed my life. Now I have to say I listen to all sorts of music, apart from dubstep.

You sir are failing. Dubstep is the way forward!

I listen to everything, but my main groups are dub step ;), jazz and a bit of rock.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Northwind wrote:

Dubstep is quite honestly the biggest pile of garbage i've ever heard.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Northwind wrote:

I'm not going to lie, you sicken me.
  • I'm glad I've stirred up some hate :)
  • Gazlar
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Northwind wrote:

I'm not going to lie, you sicken me.

Dubstep was sooo 2009 get with the programme.

Bit of old school psytrance
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    edited December 2012
    I listen when I ride occasionally. If it’s easy cross country stuff then it’s going to be something like Lynyrd Skynyrd. Downhill is too scary to cut off a whole sense.

And dubstep can be good. Just most of the stuff people recognise as dubstep is commercial bullsh1t
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    anything as long as its R Kelly.
  • Gazlar
    EH_Rob wrote:
    anything as long as its R Kelly.

What do you call a pirate paedophile.........ARRRrrr Kelly
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Dubstep is quite honestly the biggest pile of garbage i've ever heard.

Garbage are more pop-rock/ light industrial :?

...and as Bullys special prize, they do have Shirley Manson.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Love everything about Rammstein.

Love all rock to be honest,hard and heavy.Also like to listen to instrumentals such as Mike Oldfield,Tangerine Dream,Vangellis etc.

But i NEVER EVER listen to commercial crap like on radio one and absolutely nothing on Crap Factor.I would rather chew my own face off. :twisted:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Davdandy wrote:

Love all rock to be honest,hard and heavy.Also like to listen to instrumentals such as Mike Oldfield,Tangerine Dream,Vangellis etc.

But i NEVER EVER listen to commercial crap like on radio one and absolutely nothing on Crap Factor.I would rather chew my own face off. :twisted:
    I'm old enough to remember when Mike Oldfiled and Vangellis was commercial crap on the radio.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    I don't listen while I ride...

Dubstep is horrible, The worst and most poorly produced cr*p I've heard.

'Old Skool' UK Garage, Electro/Tech and Deep House, Indie - Mainly Arctic Monkeys. Can't beat a bit of Ramones every now and then too.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    cooldad wrote:
    Davdandy wrote:

I'm old enough to remember when Mike Oldfiled and Vangellis was commercial crap on the radio.

I think you refer to Blue Peter and Portsmouth,and i have to agree but Oldfield never was commercial though was he,his albums contain usually one long piece of music,some of his albums have had songs i know but his main strength has always been the beautiful stuff like Tubular Bells,Amarok and Songs of Distant Earth.You cant really call him commercial.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Gazlar
    Anyone like the Lostprophets any more?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Didn't anyway but now i probably never will.