Old Noobie Needs Help

Jack Shint
Jack Shint Posts: 5
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi there, new to the site and it looks real great.
I am new to mountain biking although i do have a Trek 6500 hardtail but want to change to full suspension. I thought i would make use of the sales and I am stuck betwwen:
BMC Speedfox SF01 XT 2012
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc ... c031112for £1999 or
BMC Fourstroke FS02 XT/SLX
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc ... 6#features
for £1999 as well.
I do not do XC racing, but mainly ride a mixture of all day riding on trails as well as hoping to do events in the future for personal gratification.
Both feel good and comfortable to ride, but do feel difefrent in good ways.
Any thoughts as I am really stuck and the wife will not let me have both.
Admittedly I do ride a Trek Top Fuel 8 occasionally (my sons) which I do enjoy but sometimes feel that this is not the bike for an all day ride.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    First link doesn't work, second seems quite expensive.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I would have thought the Trek top fuel would make a great all day ride? Trek have an ex demo sale on their site - could pick up a carbon on the cheap.

My friend rides an Anthem X1. Similar price and gets great reviews, he loves it. He's got it in 29'er. He also has a 26er Anthem from last year (money not sense).

Worth checking to see if your LBS do demo days. Best thing is get your arse on a few more and give yourself a bigger sample size. Don't restrict yourself to Evans but the spec on the bmc's look good.

Also hear great things about Canyons so worth a look.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Thanks for the advice. Will check out the trek website and see what is going.
  • have you got a link for where trek are selling off their ex demos?
  • Thanks all< have found the web site.