Getting from Paddington to St Pancras

Benjamin Hall
Benjamin Hall Posts: 608
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
Does anyone know if there is a train operator that will let me carry a bike between the two? I'm off to continent to get a kicking at cross and need to get to dover. The only way to do it is to go through london (my least favorite place in the world!)

Comments

• In all honesty, if you can get the front wheel off, I'd get a cab - depending on time of day it'll be about £15

From memory you can't get from Paddington to St Pancras or Kings Cross overground without first going to Farringdon, by which point you may as well ride the thing to St Pancras.
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    You can get from Paddington to Kings Cross/ St Pancras tube directly on the Hammersmith and City line. According to Transport for London, you can take a bike on this service, although I certainly wouldn't try during rush hour!!!:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling ... -link-tube

Be careful when getting on a tube at Paddington as there are two tube stations there (both called Paddington!).

Finally, its not that far to cycle it: the TFL site can recommend some routes for you.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Normal bikes aren't allowed on the tube at rush hour. Hammersmith and city carriages are reasonably spacious.
  • Its only a couple of miles!! If you're worried about cycling along the Marylebone Road, just head E along the backstreets. You could walk between the two quite easily.

See here as well - http://www.cyclestreets.net/journey/8921619/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,129
    weekday or weekend?

daylight hours?

luggage too? or just bike and backpack?

if luggage etc. allow you to cycle, that's the easiest, otherwise wheel off and get a taxi

weekend+daylight, traffic isn't bad and there's a bus lane pretty much all the way there along euston/marylebone road

weekdays and/or nights, go for a sidestreet route, from st. pancras go south down judd st, turn right at tavistock place onto the cycle path, there's a fairly benign route to paddington from there
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny