boring question...

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
...Chrome, what's the point?

I can see the advantages for Google but what are the advantages for me/ what are the cool things that I can do wiv it that I can't do with Safari/ what am I missing?

Or is it just a shiny distraction?
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    You can polish chrome. You won't see blighty much anyway, 'cos it always seems to be covered in cloud.

Give me your exact geographical location Longitude, degrees minutes, seconds etc and lets see if your up to stuff with H in yer back yard this fine weather were not having.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :lol:

which bit of browsing is faster? tried running both to test speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed so far it has taken twice as long as safari to open pages, is this wot you meant?
    Give me your exact geographical location Longitude, degrees minutes, seconds etc and lets see if your up to stuff with H in yer back yard this fine weather were not having.

I'm in the lounge, 8 hours and 4 minutes a.m. north eastern corner, H is out on the bike, coldest day of the year 9c at the moment 16c this afternoon, still sunny but will rain at 6pm, I am eating porridge and running safari and balancing the cat on my right leg.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Theres your problem - ditch the cat. :lol:

On my mac I get the opposite - safari is slower than chrome -which i wouldnt have thought given that its running on its native OS- firefox just crawls, but opera is fast too.

Chrome also has an icognito mode - you know for those pages you dont want anyone to know about.

You also have access to the chrome store - and teh autofill algorithms when using the search bar are good too.

Both have nice features though - bit like my testicles - which I often browse. :lol:
  • Interestingly its easy to build your own browser too - only a relatively few lines of code. You can even build your search engine - although its a bit more hassle the results you get from searches are often more random and closer to the earlier days of the interweb before most results become corporatised (is that a word) :lol: