Marzocchi stopped doing 26" Trail forks?

jairaj
jairaj Posts: 3,009
edited December 2012 in MTB general
Am I being stupid or have Marzocchi stopped doing any 26" Trail forks?

I've been looking on their website and I can only find their 44 series forks in 29" format. Only choice is short travel Corsa range, which is 120mm - 80mm intended for XC only then the next up is the 55 range which is 170mm - 150 and weights over 2Kg with nothing in-between for 26" wheels. Even then there is only one 44 fork for 29ers.

Any idea what's going on?

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/listProdotti.asp?LN=UK&idC=1629&IdFolder=113&uf=IU&idIU=60660

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Italians. Probably forgot to add the 44 option before a long lunch, and a month off.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    (actually, its far more likely they just realised that people buy marzocchi to go big, and have actually culled the 44 26" option)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Probably realised that they can't compete with Fox & Rockshox even though the 44 is as good as anything else.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    benpinnick wrote:
    Italians. Probably forgot to add the 44 option before a long lunch, and a month off.
    They're American not Italian :wink:
  • jairaj
    that's a shame, recent reviews seem to suggest that they're back to their best again. Good damping and performance with good build and reliable too. I'm thinking of buying a new frame and fork in the new year was possibly going to get a set of Marzocchi forks.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Rumour says that due to moving production to a new facility for next year they don't have the time/money to set it up for all the forks they had in the 2012 range.
  • jairaj wrote:
    that's a shame, recent reviews seem to suggest that they're back to their best again. Good damping and performance with good build and reliable too. I'm thinking of buying a new frame and fork in the new year was possibly going to get a set of Marzocchi forks.

I didn't realise they had dropped the ball. I have some 100mm xc500 from 2007 and they are great. Very plush and responsive. I have heard that you can still send any of their forks back to them and they can still service them. Someone sent some that were 17 years old, and they still carried spares! One reason I bought mine!

Regards

Carl
  • jairaj
    Couple years back the reliability went down hill. I think due to moving production to different factory?

Although reviews from recent year's forks seem to suggest they are pretty reliable with a 3 year warranty and no service required in that period.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the servicing and spares. Might be tempted to go for last years or older if I can find someone selling at a bargain price.