Team bibshorts and jersey

Gabbo
Gabbo Posts: 864
edited December 2012 in Road general
I know it's not the cycling season; however, I am desperate to get my hands on some of the 2012 kit. Ideally I want the Omega Pharma kit and possibly Saxo Bank. Team Sky for me is too mainstream, despite it being predominately English.

My only problem is that I can't find these kits anywhere! They're all sold out, but if some of you nice people could suggest stores that stock these kits then I'd be eternally grateful!

PS.. what pro-team kit do you wear? If any?

Comments

• NITR8s
    NITR8s Posts: 688
    Wait for the response of none, cos I dont ride for a proteam.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    CRC, Wiggle and Pro Bike Kit otherwise, google is your friend

Beware of cheap kits from China as they re commonly copies (although that's does nt necessarily mean they re bad quality). They won't be Nalini or Addidas or Bioracer or whathaveyou
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I was about to post a question on the forum asking why people want to buy team jerseys and act as mobile billboards for brands that aren't giving you any money. Indeed, you're paying for the privilege! What's the attraction? Am I being dim?
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    Why do football fans wear football shirts? Why do rugby fans wear rugby shirts? The love of the sport, the support of a team, to feel a part of it. Etc.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    http://www.bobshop.de/en/Pro-Teams/Pro-Team-Clothing/

does a good line of pro kits

oh, isnt it always the cycling season ? :wink: admittedly just a tad in off mode at the moment.

as for pro team kits... doesnt bother me.. obviously others have an opinion against.
    I'm going to get me given an over priced OmegaPharma Prevail for a replacment of my rather gone well manky Spesh helmet... doesnt actually 'go' with anything .. but I like it... and it FITS unlike MET/RUDY/BELL and evryothr assorted brand I have tried that for some reason has something that I cant get on with
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    Try Prendas too.
    Chinese copies most likley will have a decent stock of what you may want.
  • gb cycles is very good
    if you want chinese monton seem popular
  • Gabbo
    Cheers guys!

I am a little reluctant myself to wear pro-team kit but then again, millions of football, rugby, and whoever else wear the jerseys of the teams they support. I'm not exactly intending to wear the yellow jersey of the tour de france. Of course, such a jersey should only be earned to wear!

On another note, what are you opinions on Team Astana? The team, that is (not the kit).
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Wear what kit you like,its your choice.If grown men want to rip the p1ss because of what you wear then they are very very sad men.
    Why not wear a yellow jersey,its why there made, so fans can buy them and wear them.
    Lifes to short to worry about what others think.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • peyroux wrote:
    I was about to post a question on the forum asking why people want to buy team jerseys and act as mobile billboards for brands that aren't giving you any money. Indeed, you're paying for the privilege! What's the attraction? Am I being dim?

Why do people wear football shirts then? It's to show support for a team, or that they like the design!"
  • binsted
    binsted Posts: 182
    elderone wrote:
    Wear what kit you like,its your choice.If grown men want to rip the p1ss because of what you wear then they are very very sad men.
    Why not wear a yellow jersey,its why there made, so fans can buy them and wear them.

+1

If the TDF want to copy me and wear a yellow jersey I really don't mind, don't think anybody is going to mistake Bradley for my goodself.... :)
  • Gabbo
    I've yet to see anyone wearing the team GB cycling outfit. To be honest, it is fugly!
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Gabbo wrote:
    I've yet to see anyone wearing the team GB cycling outfit. To be honest, it is fugly!

I have, there was a guy on the Blenheim sportive that was wearing the full kit. He was a quick rider as well, so for a moment I thought it could be someone from the team, but then I overtook him, so he wasnt that good! :lol:
  • peyroux wrote:
    What's the attraction?

Because, even though I actually look like this...

513411415_a3b78ebf91.jpg

It makes me think I look like this!

article-2177405-142C06C6000005DC-543_634x422.jpg
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    peyroux wrote:
    I was about to post a question on the forum asking why people want to buy team jerseys and act as mobile billboards for brands that aren't giving you any money. Indeed, you're paying for the privilege! What's the attraction? Am I being dim?

Yeah I agree.. Ralph Lauren should be paying me to wear his clothes :lol:
  • john1967
    john1967 Posts: 366
    peyroux wrote:

So I take it your bike has no brand and you don't wear any branded cycling gear.
  • I,ll wear any of the pro team kits but the new world champ kit is my summer fave.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • I wore the GB kit until I saw how much they are going for on ebay! Put it away for posterity.

I like the randomness of cycling kit. Wear anything you want ......... I tend to wear only my club kit. But hey there is some great stuff and this is all about a hobby. I wear my Hardy stuff for flying fishing ........ because I feel good.

My money, my hobby, my choice. Anyone who gets opinionated about my choices, provides me with the open understanding that I don't need to know them.
  • In fact, why don't we start a little competition. Who will be the oldest man to where the TDF white jersey. I'll buy one from GB Cycles if we all degree and start the bidding at 40 ......... a mere 14 years to old ..... next bidder?
  • elderone wrote:
    Wear what kit you like,its your choice.
    Very true, but liberal thinking aside, you're not telling me you don't roll your eyes even a little bit, internally, when a grown man walks down the street wearing his team's footy kit? Usually with a copious beer gut barely hidden by it.

In the pub watching it ont' telly with all the other drunken fans, maybe - it's like a club membership.

But not in real life, please :roll:
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • john1967 wrote:
    peyroux wrote:

So I take it your bike has no brand and you don't wear any branded cycling gear.

I'm still fairly new to cycling but everything I own I've tried to get because of decent reviews that it's good quality kit, or that it felt good when I tried it. I'm not saying that everything should be unbranded. I'm just wondering why people want to affiliate with a brand like that. If it's purely due to aesthetics then fair enough I suppose.
  • alihisgreat
    peyroux wrote:
    john1967 wrote:
    peyroux wrote:

I'm still fairly new to cycling but everything I own I've tried to get because of decent reviews that it's good quality kit, or that it felt good when I tried it. I'm not saying that everything should be unbranded. I'm just wondering why people want to affiliate with a brand like that. If it's purely due to aesthetics then fair enough I suppose.

Its a uniform, signalling you as part of a brand community which enhances your relationship with the brand, and others within the brand community and wider cycling community.

Looking at it from another angle: possessions are reflections of our identities, but also contributors so we buy all the proper gear (Rapha, Team Kit, expensive sunglasses, etc.) to reflect and reinforce our identity as a super serious cyclist.

So I'm guessing If you were given a survey you wouldn't perhaps identify as strongly as a cyclist as others might?

and unlike Trev the Rev I can provide relevant academic material to back this up :mrgreen:
  • peyroux wrote:
    john1967 wrote:
    peyroux wrote:

Its a uniform, signalling you as part of a brand community which enhances your relationship with the brand, and others within the brand community and wider cycling community.

Looking at it from another angle: possessions are reflections of our identities, but also contributors so we buy all the proper gear (Rapha, Team Kit, expensive sunglasses, etc.) to reflect and reinforce our identity as a super serious cyclist.

So I'm guessing If you were given a survey you wouldn't perhaps identify as strongly as a cyclist as others might?

and unlike Trev the Rev I can provide relevant academic material to back this up :mrgreen:

Haha I didn't want to hijack the thread with consumerist theory too much but that's pretty bang on. I would say I'm a pretty serious cyclist though, but I justify that mainly by my commitment to cycling rather than my gear.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    elderone wrote:

+1 (Claping hands icon).
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • alihisgreat
    elderone wrote:

+1 (Claping hands icon).

tumblr_mc4m1azMpM1qlyh48.gif
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    LOL.....Nicely done. :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,671
    We need a slightly less evil one though... ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • alihisgreat
    ddraver wrote:
    We need a slightly less evil one though... ;)

busey_clapping.gif
  • peyroux wrote:

Don't know anyone that gives you cycling kit? free country and all that!!