Antur Stiniog and Glentress question

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited December 2012 in Routes
Keep reading about Antur Stiniog all over the place, and I really fancy giving it a bash. Doubt my bike is suitable though (short travel HT) so does anyone know if there's suitable bike hire nearby, or plans to offer it on site? Or are there any recommendations for a similar type of place with bike hire (in this country! As close to Blackpool as possible! :wink: )

Also, to anyone that's been to Glentress/stayed in the camping pods there, is there a boozer in walking distance!?

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    You'll be fine on the blue and red on your bike, wouldn't personally entertain either of the blacks on a ht though.. you'd have lots of fun spending a day on the blue.
    They don't hire bikes and don't think there are plans to do so. Only place I know you can rent dh bikes is at Ben Nevis, bit of a trek though..
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    Glentress do bike hire....%0quid for a day full suss....think theres a few pubs just up the road from GT to
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • There are pubs in Peebles whi ch is walking distance of Glentress pods, but it will be a 20-30 minute walk
    2011 Orange 224 evo race
    2009 Orange 5 pro
    2008 Scott Scale 30
    2002 S-works m5 fsr