did these get nicked earlier this year?

craigw99
craigw99 Posts: 224
edited December 2012 in MTB general
im sure i can remember reading about something earler this year here but cant find it :roll:

anyway heres the bike
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/orange-team-hope-244-green-bling-team-issue-downhill-bike-/251194343406?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item3a7c597fee
opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
1992 cannondale m1000 still going just

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    NICE!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

I don't do downhill, but I would if I had that bike!
    Love all the green Hope stuff, too.
    Hope it isn't a knicked one...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Don't reckon it is, seems to know what it is, it's collection only, and he sells a lot of bike stuff which looks legit.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I think the stolen bike was a 322.
    Looks nice enough but the 224 is very outdated.
  • craigw99
    wasnt sure as i can remember some bikes getting nicked at a show a few months back, but cant remember what they were would love the bits green is the colour :-)
  • Lovely looking bike. I remember hearing about the hope bikes getting nicked this year, but still don't remember exactly which models they were. I hope Hope will catch this though and get it back if it is one of the bikes, but the guy seems legit.
  • Holy crap, it's an Orange, with Hope bits all over, hope stickers, and "boxxorz" By the official* rules of 2nd hand bikes on ebay, it must be worth at least £10k.

*In this instance, the term "official" means, "completely made-up"
  • Location of seller is Barnoldswick. If someone had thieved it and stuck it on Ebay I think they'd have moved just a little bit further away from the Hope factory.............
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • craigw99
    ahh could explain a lot! better to be safe... just wish i had about 1500 this close to xmas
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Holy crap, it's an Orange, with Hope bits all over, hope stickers, and "boxxorz" By the official* rules of 2nd hand bikes on ebay, it must be worth at least £10k.

The value of any bike is based on the number of pieces of Hope
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    And the completely ficticious 'add the RRP's up' excercise.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Holy crap, it's an Orange, with Hope bits all over, hope stickers, and "boxxorz" By the official* rules of 2nd hand bikes on ebay, it must be worth at least £10k.

Er, what? Nowhere in the ad does it mention anything about any ridiculous RRP values...
    Besides, that green hope kit is pretty hard to get hold of, especially in good condition.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    In that case I've gotten the wrong end of the stick, either way it's a nice bike and the price isn't unrealistic...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • It was a nod to the other thread about over-valuing 2nd hand bikes, where I gave some rules for selling 2nd hand on ebay. ;)

The bike here is not all that bad (if you REALLY like Hope), and currently a fairly reasonable price, although with 6 days to go, I guarantee it'll sell for FAR more than it's worth.
  • ilovedirt
    Ahhhh, I missed that one, my bad. I don't think it'll go for too much to be honest, the used downhill bike market isn't great right now... But yeah, LOT of hope stuff, probably go to some hope nerd. To be fair, the only hope stuff I don't like is the brakes.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I hate it, espcailly as it has the word 'bling' in the title.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500