My 2013 Trek Madone

Frisbie17
Frisbie17 Posts: 6
edited December 2012 in Your road bikes
Trek Madone 5. Dura Ace 7900 Group. Easton EA90 Wheels.

Comments

• M Velo
    M Velo Posts: 79
    Nice bike, but that bulky saddle bag needs to go. They dont have place on a road bike. :wink:
    Custom build Trek MTB
    Madone 6.9 => Madone 7series
  • Snap! :D how do you find those eastons over standard?

You from the US arent you?
    MADONE 5.2
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Looks sweet, the bar tape is interesting. :)

Albeit, I'd do less with the spacers and get that steerer tube cut down. Also, you seem to be packed for a holiday with that rucksack wrapped to the bottom of your saddle.
  • Nice bike, but what have you got in the back?! A sleeping bag?

Not sure I really see the benefits of siting the back brake down behind the BB, but it definitely makes the back end look cool.
  • nice but saddle looks very low? do you do touring?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    good colours
    grass
    pics
    etc
  • Captainlip wrote:
    Snap! :D how do you find those eastons over standard?

What do you mean over standard? Yes. I am from the US. Now sure I understand the question.
  • TakeTurns wrote:

Albeit, I'd do less with the spacers and get that steerer tube cut down. Also, you seem to be packed for a holiday with that rucksack wrapped to the bottom of your saddle.

I agree on the spacers. Just have not had a chance yet. Only a few months on the bike. Not sure I like the Lizzard skin bar tape look. But it is extreemly confortable.

As far as the seat. I am 5' 5" with a very short inseam. This is my profesional fit for me by my LBS.

Last, I keep a spare tube, a few tools and my wallet, keys and phone is that pack behind the seat. I know it looks like crap but is nice to be able to pack some stuff on a ride. IMy average rides are between 20-60 miles a ride. No touring. lol.
  • Nice bike, but what have you got in the back?! A sleeping bag?

Not sure I really see the benefits of siting the back brake down behind the BB, but it definitely makes the back end look cool.

The benefits of moving the brake below the bottom bracket is two fold. One it reduces the amount of Carbon needed to reinforce the area where the brake would have gone providing a weight savings. Also the brakes are lighter with the direct mount brakes require material, no post etc. The second is a clean lines and areo savings which are very minimal I would assume.

I have had the bike thee months. Rode in nasty weather. Brakes work great in both wet and dry. Very easy to adjust. If you cannot adjust these, your should not be working on a bike anyways. Those people that claim they are a pain in the ass to adjust, I assume those who have not worked on them. Of course like with many other bike parts you need the right tools. A work stand makes life easier for sure. No issues with them getting dirty. I actually think they stay cleaner then my other bike in wet weather. They are farther round the wheel from where they would be when the mud is thrown from the rear wheel and they are tucked up enough to not get dirt from the front wheel. It really is a great design. Better then I expected when I purchased the bike.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Frisbie17 wrote:
    Captainlip wrote:
    Snap! :D how do you find those eastons over standard?

What do you mean over standard? Yes. I am from the US. Now sure I understand the question.

Basically they wanted to know how the Easton wheels compared to whatever the bike normally comes with (they assume you have upgraded the wheels from the standard ones).

Oh and as you are from the US my location is pronounced Luffburra :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • yes bontrager wheels, I have just recieved some sls wheels going to post in my other thread.
    MADONE 5.2
  • FlacVest
    FlacVest Posts: 100
    Frisbie17 wrote:
    TakeTurns wrote:

I agree on the spacers. Just have not had a chance yet. Only a few months on the bike. Not sure I like the Lizzard skin bar tape look. But it is extreemly confortable.

As far as the seat. I am 5' 5" with a very short inseam. This is my profesional fit for me by my LBS.

Last, I keep a spare tube, a few tools and my wallet, keys and phone is that pack behind the seat. I know it looks like crap but is nice to be able to pack some stuff on a ride. IMy average rides are between 20-60 miles a ride. No touring. lol.

Get a jersey and throw your phone, keys, and CC/ID in there. Note I said CC/ID, what more do you need? Honestly, I have my iPhone, house keys, and CC/ID in an arm band I use; 2 tubes, CO2, and patches go in the pack in the back.

A jersey pocket could hold everything.