2012 love

2»

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    There may be others

Eddy Seigneur attacked from a break in '94. And I'm thinking Jeff Pierce in '87, but I'm not sure about that one.
  • re your question....can I phone a friend?

You have friends? :shock:

You. Out.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Coach H wrote:
    wiggins leading cav out on the Champs elysees was a bit of a moment as was the raffle speech

+1
    The raffle comment was a true homage to local british club TT's and a fitting recognition of Wiggins' debt to those events.
    Leading out Cav was more insightfull than all the retoric sorounding Cav the bottle carrier. Yes, he felt agrieved that he was not supported more but does he really think ANY other yellow jumper would commit to a lead out on the last lap?

Pfftt... Hinault won the final stage of the Tour in 1982 on the Champs Elysees in the yellow jumper! Wonder what Cavendish would have made of that! :shock:

Pfftt... Hinault would NEVER have led out someone else whilst in the yellow jersey or not on any stage. He couldn't even bring himself to help Lemond when it had been agreed for over a year! :D I think you are proving my point rather than destroying it :lol:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Coach H wrote:
    Pfftt... Hinault would NEVER have led out someone else whilst in the yellow jersey or not on any stage. He couldn't even bring himself to help Lemond when it had been agreed for over a year! :D I think you are proving my point rather than destroying it :lol:

Who said I was trying to destroy your point?
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Coach H wrote:

Who said I was trying to destroy your point?

Sorry, I infered that from the dismissive Pfftt...
    Perhaps 'destroy' was a bit stong but it was the first word that came into my head at that moment.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Coach H wrote:
    Sorry, I infered that from the dismissive Pfftt...
    Perhaps 'destroy' was a bit stong but it was the first word that came into my head at that moment.

Yeah, maybe a hmm might have been better than a pfftt...
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Was it the Vuelta where he solo'd the last bit? Great bit of riding

Sure was!
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    Millar winning a stage sticks in my memory... not so much as a fan more as the meaning of the thing
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Thomas de Gendt has been superb all year, I think in the right team could be a GT contender in the future.

Wiggin's Getting yellow was amazing.

Cav wining in Paris

many more can't remember too late.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Ian Stannard. Huge turns on the front are his thing, what a bunch engine for Sky.

Saw him at the Vuelta, signing on, he is huge for a pro cyclist. The rest looked like little boys, then Stannard rides up and he looks like a there big brother. Top bloke.