Arm warmers and slippage ?

Raffles
Raffles Posts: 1,137
edited December 2012 in Road general
I dont use leg warmers because ive always found that they dont stay up and just creep down the legs :roll: , do armwarmers have this potential annoyance too ?
2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105

Comments

• never had a problem with mine
  • Putting leg or arm warmers over the top of shorts or sleeves respectively will provide better grippage (a Karl Pilkington word) than applying them to your skin.

Also, unless you have your garments tailored to fit there's always the chance you not quite the right shape for the manufacturer's cut.

See if you can borrow a pair from another rider and try before you buy.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Raffles wrote:
    I dont use leg warmers because ive always found that they dont stay up and just creep down the legs :roll: , do armwarmers have this potential annoyance too ?

yes.. but not if you get the right size.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    This is quite a common question. Best thing to do is try them on before buying them and make sure they're tight enough. Given the huge variations in arm lengths & circumferences you'd think someone might come out with an adjustable arm warmer, or just intentionally make them too long, allowing people to fold any excess length up. My Endura arm warmers are the right circumference but about 4 inches too short! Next size up is too baggy.
    Putting leg or arm warmers over the top of shorts or sleeves respectively will provide better grippage (a Karl Pilkington word) than applying them to your skin.
    For me, leg warmers slip if I put them on over shorts, but stay put if underneath shorts. Arm warmers slip no matter what :x
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • nope never had a problem I think its a size issue.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    My leg warmers never slip down - I wear them under my shorts.

I've had armwamers slip in th past - probably as I've puny arms - but these : http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... 43&ID=1037

stay up really well.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I've got some armwarmers which were too big and slipped down - they're just the right size as legwarmers though :D
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    My Aldi armwarmers fit perfectly!