Any Vintage Experts on here?

rammer
rammer Posts: 252
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
I have bought an old Rotrax bike Circa 1960,s which I want to use as a fixed, I would like to fund the build by selling some of the bits off the bike, it has a Brooks B47 "Sprinters" saddle, I have done a few searches on the net and I understand it's rare but what is it's true value? any help would be appreciated.
IMG_32421.jpg
IMG_32411.jpg

Comments

• As with anything its value is whatever the buyer wants to pay.

Have you tried contacting Brooks themselves, if its as rare as they say they may make an offer to keep such a valuable historical item.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rammer
    Good Point I will drop the an E-mail.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I'd sit on it for a while, could be worth a lot more in years to come.
  • rammer
    Any pun intended. :-)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    :wink:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Ask on the Retrobike forum - you'll likely get an honest answer. There's not a huge market for 1950s stuff though, which can have a bearing on value.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • It'll be worth jack all. Scruffy, worn 50s saddle, made in the millions, thousands still on junk bikes in sheds.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Wow! That takes me back. First(and only) 'racer' I ever owned, fancy lugs and three gears. Bottom bracket failed and I threw it in the hedge to buy a m/bike. Lovely frame, if I remember correctly.
    'fool'
  • Looks like a baguette!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It'll be worth jack all. Scruffy, worn 50s saddle, made in the millions, thousands still on junk bikes in sheds.

Corr, it's like having the dead corpse of Arthur Negus brought back to life on the forums :lol:

You're right though. The B47 is worth so little someone paid £244 for one on Ebay :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    It'll be worth jack all. Scruffy, worn 50s saddle, made in the millions, thousands still on junk bikes in sheds.

Corr, it's like having the dead corpse of Arthur Negus brought back to life on the forums :lol:

You're right though. The B47 is worth so little someone paid £244 for one on Ebay :wink:

Bugger me with a fish fork, I'm turning my mum's garage upside-down next time I go! Must be one lurking there somewhere!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • rammer
    £244 seems a bargain :D
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    rammer wrote:
    £244 seems a bargain :D

Nice attempt to hype the market there. I wouldn't expect to pay less than £500 for your baguette :lol:
    Bugger me with a fish fork

Do I really have to?
    Faster than a tent.......