Bottom bracket click

alexandra
alexandra Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
I have a Cube Acid MTB- it has developed a click from the bottom bracket with each revolution of the pedals It doesn't affect the efficiency of the bike but the constant ticking is a pain.
Any ideas as to what it could be please ?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    BB, pedals, cranks, chainrings - any number of things. You need to isolate each area.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks cooldad
  • Sounds like pedals need greaseing do they have a grub screw near the spindle for grease application and also grease the thread and make sure there not loose at all.
  • Chain rubbing on the front derailleur?
  • I know it sounds crazy but I had a similar thing a while ago on every revolution of the pedals but mostly only when i was out the saddle and I tried all sorts to fix it, I read somewhere that sometimes it's caused by the seat clamp and post , I whipped out the seat post one evening and took it for a spin down the road and sure enough the click was gone!!!! Changed my seat clamp and I have no click ever now I guess it was resonating down the tube and post? I only tried this after many hours trying the complicated stuff first
  • Foobies
    Foobies Posts: 134
    i had a clicking from my bb on my dirt jumper, ignored it for a while and evenually it turned into a cracking. then a shard of metal came out. turned out i had farked the bearings. True story.
    2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4
    2016 Bianchi Ethanol
    2015 Bianchi via nirone 7

2018 Boardman ADV 8.9
  • I believe you, that's normal.
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Shoe laces hitting downtube?
  • any play if you move the pedals with your hand away from the bike>?