Was wondering how many of you ride motorbikes as well as push bikes

Comments

• Yep. (voted)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Voted for the third option, not strictly true as I still have a motorbike, but it's in many pieces in the loft (Ducati Pantah)

The older I get, the better I was.

• herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Voted for the third option, not strictly true as I still have a motorbike, but it's in many pieces in the loft (Ducati Pantah)

Please don't leave it in the loft too much longer. One of my all time favourite bikes.

Voted. I have a BMW R1200s. Nice, but quirky. Time is always an issue, so it does not get much use these days, although I always have one week a year for a m'bike trip.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Although i like the idea,I find other road users too much of a deterrant to risk life and limb.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • I do.

Sometimes when on the motorbike at the lights in London I look at a roadie next to me and I'm sending out thought waves - mate, mate! I'm a cyclist too. Look at these old leather Colnago gloves! Look! I'm not just some biker you hate...

But it's pointless really.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    Yup, a beemer 1150GS. A great bike.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Yep, me too. I had a bit of a bike habit, managed to get up to five at one time, but came to my senses and had a cull. Just one now, a Buell Lightning Xb1200S.

I tired of the warp factor 9 everywhere sports bikes and sold my last Fireblade three years ago. Briefly dabbled with a BMW R1150R Rockster (too heavy, bit clunky), then bought the Buell. Interesting bike, a bit clunky too, but fun to ride.

Considering changing it in the spring for something else, possibly an old Ducati Monster. Dunno! :D
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Shouldn't there be a 'no I don't ride motorbikes' option??
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Shouldn't there be a 'no I don't ride motorbikes' option??

And an option for 'it's got a motorbike engine!'

1956 BMW single cylinder 300cc

(4 wheel Isetta bubble car :D )
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Used to own a Peugeot Speedfight (scooter, not strictly a motorbike but within the spirit of things) which was a bad investment I made when I was about 20. And boy was it a laugh. No wonder I crashed it twice. When I look back and think about the manner in which I used to ride it it's a wonder I didn't come off it more or hurt myself real bad. I kind of treated it like a BMX.

I have a real hankering for a Harley at the moment but a wedding stands in the way first. The H-D situation is up for review after I become a condemned man.

Now where's that provisional license?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Norton Commando fastback which makes me the Alpha male here.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Technically I still have a Ducati 900 Superlight - not sure where it is; an old mate borrowed it about five years ago, but I've not seen him for a few years, so God only knows what he's done with it. In fairness to him, it was custard yellow, leggy, and I did tell him to keep it as it was worth about £750 at the time as I'd dropped it more than once.

Haven't ridden for 12 years now - had a huge one, which put me off. Before the Ducati I had a TZR250 Reverse Cylinder (which tried to kill me.. twice), a KR1s, an NSR250, GSX-R400RRSP, an NS400, and an RG500. Vaguely intended to put the RG5 motor in an RGV250 frame, but never got there.

The really irritating thing is that the TZ, RG, NS, and KR are now worth a bloody fortune - flogged them when they were worthless and nobody wanted 2 stroke handgrenades. A bit like the M3 Sport, 190 Evolution I, and 10v UR quattro Turbo I had in my younger days - the M3 I sold for £6k, the Merc for £5k, and the Audi for £2.5k... they're £30k+ each now...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    I also went for the third option although I do own a bike in bits. I've got a '68 Bonneville, 3 weeks older than I am. Frame is done, engine halfway through assembly. Hopefully the two will be reacquainted soon.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Herb71 wrote:
    I have a BMW R1200s. Nice, but quirky.
    @Herb - Are you no Boxertrix as well? If not, why not?
  • herb71
    herb71 Posts: 253
    Me-109 wrote:
    Herb71 wrote:
    I have a BMW R1200s. Nice, but quirky.
    @Herb - Are you no Boxertrix as well? If not, why not?

Yep, I am on Boxertrix. I post as 'Herb' without the 71 on that forum. I recognise your username, trust all is well.
  • I own and regularly ride a Kwaka ZX6R Ninja.
    High rev screamer!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Used to have a Triumph Speed Triple 1050. It was awesome. Unfortunately some old tw@t in a merc didn't check before trying to overtake. Dozy fat fncker took me and bike out at 70mph. Lucky to walk away with a tear above my knee. Bike toast; money used to pay for wedding and honeymoon.
    Want another one.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Voted.

Had quite a few. Favourite was the Powervalve.
  • VFR 800

Love it :)
  • Triumph Daytona 955i - and lovely it is too! Not as quick/sharp as some of the mental Jap stuff but more than quick enough for the roads and torque in all the right places :)
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    Fazer 1000, great bike, gets used even less than my roadbike :oops:
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • FZ6 Fazer. @Keith47, I covet your Fazer 1000!
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    Used to, gave up not long after I moved with work from Manchester to Essex. I got nearly knocked off more times in 3 months than the previous 3 years, and the roads seemed worse.

However, it also coincided with a cunning master plan, the wife was not happy with me riding - so agreed to say bye-bye to the bike and say hello to the 5 litre V8 kit car mwah haha
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon