Forum home Mountain biking forum Your mountain bikes

Cannondale Prophet

wowtaylorwowtaylor Posts: 75
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi everyone. I have had this a while and only just got it how I really want it. Sorry for the poor image as I only have a camera phone.

Frame - Cannondale Prophet
Shock - Manitou 3 way Swinger
Fork - Marzocchi All Mountain 3
BB - Some cheap red anodised HT2 jobbie
Crank - Shimano Deore HT2
Pedals - Nukeproof Electron
Seat Clamp - Hope
Seatpost - Cannondale C3
Saddle - Charge Spoon
Stem - eXotic
Bars - Red W-base Hi-rise
Grips - Lizard Skins Peaty in Blue
Shifters - Shimano LX
Brakes - Avid Juicy Sevens with 180mm rotors F+R
Front Mech - Shimano XT
Rear Mech - Shimano Deore
Cassette - Sram 9 speed
Chain - Sram
Rear Hub - Shimano XT
Front Hub - Compagnolo
Rims - Mavic 317 Disc
Spokes - Unsure
Front Tyre - Maxxis High Roller 2.35 60a
Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion 2.35 60a

I proper love it! :D

2012-12-06141342.jpg

Posts

  • pastey_boypastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    Got one myself, awesome bikes. A real shame that Cannondale stopped production. A proper do it all bike.
    20120913_164345.jpg
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • wowtaylor wrote:
    Hi everyone. I have had this a while and only just got it how I really want it. Sorry for the poor image as I only have a camera phone.

    Frame - Cannondale Prophet
    Shock - Manitou 3 way Swinger
    Fork - Marzocchi All Mountain 3
    BB - Some cheap red anodised HT2 jobbie
    Crank - Shimano Deore HT2
    Pedals - Nukeproof Electron
    Seat Clamp - Hope
    Seatpost - Cannondale C3
    Saddle - Charge Spoon
    Stem - eXotic
    Bars - Red W-base Hi-rise
    Grips - Lizard Skins Peaty in Blue
    Shifters - Shimano LX
    Brakes - Avid Juicy Sevens with 180mm rotors F+R
    Front Mech - Shimano XT
    Rear Mech - Shimano Deore
    Cassette - Sram 9 speed
    Chain - Sram
    Rear Hub - Shimano XT
    Front Hub - Compagnolo
    Rims - Mavic 317 Disc
    Spokes - Unsure
    Front Tyre - Maxxis High Roller 2.35 60a
    Rear Tyre - Maxxis Minion 2.35 60a

    I proper love it! :D

    2012-12-06141342.jpg

    I ride with a friend who has the same Prophet but its a Lefty. He loves it, people love the yellow colour scheme, and then they ask him where his other fork has gone :D rides like a dream though.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    Got one myself, awesome bikes. A real shame that Cannondale stopped production. A proper do it all bike.
    20120913_164345.jpg

    That is a thing of beauty mate. Not sure about the Nics though because I hate those so bad. I had a set that was lovely in the dry but truly lethal in the wet especially at Cannock on all those pebbles that are embedded in the trails. Do you know much about the rear shock? Am I right in thinking eye to eye 200mm and stroke 50mm? I know the SL models are meant to be slightly different length, smaller I think.
  • 2012-12-06141342.jpg[/quote]

    I ride with a friend who has the same Prophet but its a Lefty. He loves it, people love the yellow colour scheme, and then they ask him where his other fork has gone :D rides like a dream though.[/quote]

    Aye the colour is so vibrant and when it's clean it looks amazing. I think I would prefer the mettallic brown one if I had a choice. It looks so classy :)
  • pastey_boypastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    wowtaylor wrote:
    pastey_boy wrote:
    Got one myself, awesome bikes. A real shame that Cannondale stopped production. A proper do it all bike.
    20120913_164345.jpg

    That is a thing of beauty mate. Not sure about the Nics though because I hate those so bad. I had a set that was lovely in the dry but truly lethal in the wet especially at Cannock on all those pebbles that are embedded in the trails. Do you know much about the rear shock? Am I right in thinking eye to eye 200mm and stroke 50mm? I know the SL models are meant to be slightly different length, smaller I think.
    Standard shock is 200x50, I have fitted a 200x57 which gives me approx 155mm travel over the standard 140mm which compliments the 150mm revelations upfront. As the shock is the same length and i run the longer forks without those ugly huge reducers, all the angles are the same as the 140mm travel bike so I have the same handling but with more travel but no ill consequences. I run the Nics tubeless which seems to help a little but I know they dont like wet rocks at all. For me my Prophet is the best bike I've ever owned and I've had one or two bikes in my time.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • Tbh, it's the best bike I have ever ridden too. I didn't think a 57mm stroke would be OK, that helps a lot as I wanna put a coiled shock on as I'm a little bit weighty these days and the air one worries me.
  • Niiiiiiicccccce
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • RideOnTimeRideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like the yellow...
  • I have been looking into it and I think I'm gonna go for a candy apple green as long as I can get it powder coated in that colour.
  • Very nice dale wowtaylor
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • Thanks mate. It's such a nice ride too. The paint isn't too bad as well but, I just fancy a change :)
  • After a ride around Tong near Leeds/Bradford.
    2012-12-08120954_zps1dc8148b.jpg
  • pastey_boy wrote:
    Got one myself, awesome bikes. A real shame that Cannondale stopped production. A proper do it all bike.
    20120913_164345.jpg

    Where did you get your decals from? And can they be clear coated? I have decided on candy black with silver or gold decals with gold bits and bobs.
  • pastey_boypastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • DanDax1990DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Will look ace in that colour with those stickers Andy. Do it do it do it haha.
  • I'm gonna get some quotes on Monday about powder coating it.
  • pastey_boypastey_boy Posts: 2,083
    My choice would be fluoro orange with black components and white decals with black outline.
    Viner Salviati
    Shark Aero Pro
    Px Ti Custom
    Cougar 531
    Sab single speed
    Argon 18 E-112 TT
    One-one Ti 456 Evo
    Ridley Cheetah TT
    Orange Clockwork 2007 ltd ed
    Yeti ASR 5
    Cove Hummer XC Ti
  • wowtaylorwowtaylor Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    I had thought about Focus ST orange before but I think a JPS style bike would be really cool. Nothing is as sexy as gold on black :)
  • lol.. That would look horrendous.
Sign In or Register to comment.