December 7th

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
... recognizing that the Brits had been at it a few years longer... I still thought I'd post...

City-Washington-WWII002.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

The WWII monument in Washington D.C. (both Dad and EX FIL were vets)

Comments

• Drumlin
    Drumlin Posts: 120
    Apologies, I've joined this thread late :wink:
    Would welcome company for Sat rides west/south of Edinburgh, up to 3 hrs, 16mph ish. Please PM me if interested/able to help.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    No.2 is 4 months old on this day the 7th of December which was yesterday !
    (Apologies for hijacking the thread)

Yes, we Brits had the biggest and best empire. We were the best at divide and rule and we were the most prolific. It was also Pax Britannica which is more than we can say for the current global mess.
    Bring it back I say - no more unemployment, get the shipyards working and the steel mills to provide it. Teach the yanks how to speak properly and drink tea out of a bone china teacup as well as playing rugby properly and cricket not rounders. Sorry, I went off on one - i'll crawl back into BB.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Haha your number 2 shares a birthday with the great Noam Chomsky - here he is in one of his finest disguises.

Chomsky
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Haha your number 2 shares a birthday with the great Noam Chomsky - here he is in one of his finest disguises.

Chomsky

Thats it, war has resumed
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!