Tyre for my Trek fuel ex 8

Potsie2518
Potsie2518 Posts: 25
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can somebody please help me, ive bought a Fuel ex 8 at easter had no problems with it at all got back to camp rode it around essex and got six punctures in two rides!! while my mate on his £100 scott had none so can anyone tell me what tyre i can buy or the best way to armour them as such?

Thank you.

Also im thinking of buying my little brother a Fuel ex 6 hes 6.2" would a 19.5 frame be okay for him?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Tyres should be chosen for conditions, not makes of bikes - what sort of tyres do you have and what sort of punctures are you getting? Thorns, pinch flats? What do you ride?

Second point - maybe - he needs to sit on one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" dual ply should solve your puncture problems.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Obviously posts by morons should be ignored.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    cooldad wrote:
    Tyres should be chosen for conditions, not makes of bikes - what sort of tyres do you have and what sort of punctures are you getting? Thorns, pinch flats? What do you ride?
    ^^^this

Some really cheap heavy tyres might not puncture as much. But then having no grip and washing out all the time isn't much fun either.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    My mate was getting a couple of punctures every ride,eventually dx it down to the rim tape had twisted and the spokes were puncturing the inners.or maybe you have a wee thorn or glass that caused the 1st flat and never removed from tyre...
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie