Elbow Pads?

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
After getting some knee pads mainly to keep my knees warm over the winter I managed to have my first fairly heavy off in years. This has made me realise I never hurt my knees and always wreck my elbows.

So has anyone got any suggestions for some decent, cheap, low profile elbow pads for trail riding? I was thinking about 661 Riots but there's not so many reviews for elbow pads than knees. My arm is still killing nearly 2 weeks later :cry:
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    prawny wrote:
    decent, cheap, low profile elbow pads for trail riding?
    661 Rhythm

Very good at absorbing those niggling knocks and scrapes but still light and unobtrusive enough to wear on warm days or under a jacket/jersey. Can also peel them off and stash them in the rucksack when mincing
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Was thinking about these myself. My usual fall is a slowish speed otb and I usually end up taking the hit elbows/forearms first. These looked just the part as there are very few rocks where I ride.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Ideal for that sort of thing

I got some last year after I took the skin off the underside of both forearms in separate incidents. Couldn't even turn over in bed afterwards I had to fold my arms up and kind of spin myself round :)
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    ive got the 661 riot elbow pads and find them great not too bulky comfy and they where only £26.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011