The wrath of Osborne: Winners and losers

13»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Coach H wrote:
    I'd imagine John Prescot's formative years are more typical of life for the average Brit than George Osborne's.

Or what Prescott has carefully embelished into his formative years. The only graft Prescot has ever done is the pursuit of avoiding hard graft and letting his 'Union Brothers' pay for the privilage

It's a relative thing.

And anyway, that's a charge levelled at a lot of management, so it can't be that uncommon.
  • rjsterry wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I heard Balls on the radio this morning playing the "I'm disabled" card. My aneurysm rate went through the roof.

Labour will not win the next election with Balls on the shadow cabinet. I can't bring myself to vote for Labour given his now very visible role that led to this recession. I am not alone, so why Labour has not caught on to this and acted is beyond me. They're about as removed from the voters as they acuse the Tories of being.
    I didn't have you pegged as a typical labour voter.

He's conflicted.

He so wants to be Greg but knows his parents will be ashamed of him.

He also is handicapped with a human heart.

It's like a Darth Vader's move to the dark side or something.

empire%2Bstrikes%2Bback.jpg

I'd thought of it more as this

anakin-palpatine-opera.jpg

Oi! You cheeky sod!
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What or who is the typical Labour voter?

I've been over this, growing up where I lived you voted Labour. You voted Labour because it meant you didn't have to think for yourself therefore didn't get lynched.

So if you were me you were conditioned to vote Labour and see the others as parties you simply do not vote for.

FTFY.

*PS just because you use Labour in your example doesn't mean it can't apply to every party.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Really? A friend of mine commented his last application took under two weeks to process and return (last month).
    Lucky bugger (& woebegone me :wink:). Yep, it's been six months so far, waiting on a SET(O) Indefinite Leave to Remain. The only good thing I can say about the process is that I missed the latest increase in the fee, from £1,000 to £1,500 :shock:
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Ah you didn't mean passport. My Aussie mates did the ILR last year in three months.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?