HT2 BB spacers

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a new HT crankset coming from the wife for Christmas (XT to replace my Deore) but the BB with it has no spacers, do I recall reading that normal 1 1/8 headset spacers work fine or is old age blurring my memory? If not where can I get some?
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    most shops will have spares. dont think headset spacers will work.

what happened to the ones already there?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They are a bit different - are you sure it doesn't come with spacers - all the HT11 BB's I've had come with spacers.
    Or I could drop a couple in the post tomorrow. Must have a few lying around - what size BB shell?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    Its been used and the previous owner has lost the spacers, not sure the BB is Shimano anyway as it has removeable cartridge bearings come out of the screw in plastic bodied carriers (on which there is of course no name!)

It's a 68mm shell so need 3x2.5mm spacers, I'm sure i can get some locally but if you have some CD that would be brilliant!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • MIght have known, second hand Simon.

Anyway, why have you got your Christmas pressie before Christmas? and are you getting your shell faced?
  • The Rookie
    I haven't got it......anymore......the wife now has it to give back to me on the day!

Not second hand but pre-loved!

Shell faced before fitting the Deore HT2 on there now.
  • So you should have spacers on there now? Cranks should just literally be PnP no need to touch the BB
  • The Rookie
    Except the lad is having the Deore for his new project and so we'll still need the extra spacers!

I'll look at headset /cassette ones .....
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    As your used parts supplier, I have loads, and have your address. I will pop some in the post for you!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • The Rookie
    Ben you really are a star....
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ben's Bargain Warehouse.
    (Still need to work out the olive size - I forgot until this minute)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    There you go... bung them in the post tomorrow. If I send them first class should be with you by 2014.

8248488646_a710caeb35_z.jpg
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • The Rookie
    benpinnick wrote:
    There you go... bung them in the post tomorrow. If I send them first class should be with you by 2014.

8248488646_a710caeb35_z.jpg
    LOL Cheers, if you have paypal let me have the ID and I'll send you a paypal pint!