A Year in Yellow - now on Youtube - back on Vimeo

dabber
dabber Posts: 1,926
edited December 2012 in Pro race
“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut

Comments

• Been taken down.. I did wonder how long it would take :roll:
  • Neale1978 wrote:
    Been taken down.. I did wonder how long it would take :roll:

I can still access it via my iPhone instead of laptop
  • dabber
    I thought that might happen. I tried to give everyone a heads up as soon as I saw it.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • I watched it after your post, thanks OP :)
  • Thanks for that.
    Its a great film, some of it was filmed around the village where I live in Tenerife and I was lucky enough last spring to pull up at the side of him in my car while he was riding from Granadilla up to Teide and tell him the tour was his this year.
    I can tell you I have never seen anyone climb the 14km from Granadilla to Vilaflor as fast, it was an awesome display. He set off last from Granadilla but had dropped Froome, Port, Knees, and Siutsou well before Vilaflor.
  • I think I noticed it was there on 3rd, so no doubt downloaded copies will be popping up in due course.
  • If the DVD was released sooner, instead of the new year, I'd have bought that rather than watch via youtube/torrent. I'll still buy it for all the promised extras, just wish it was coming out earlier.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Video now removed for mobiles also. :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Got it saved on Sky box 8)
  • its on vimeo - but as per youtube, I'd move fast

http://vimeo.com/54987535
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Gavin Cook wrote:
    I can tell you I have never seen anyone climb the 14km from Granadilla to Vilaflor as fast, it was an awesome display. He set off last from Granadilla but had dropped Froome, Port, Knees, and Siutsou well before Vilaflor.

Interesting, so Froome really can only climb like a mountain goat for three weeks a year.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gavin Cook wrote:

Interesting, so Froome really can only climb like a mountain goat for three weeks a year.

To be fair Froome was sick early part of the year. DNF at Tour of the Algarve with chest infection, then had a bout of his bilharzia, which is why he wasnt at P-N. Then had that little training accident in Italy.* Only got back to decent block of training in Apr. Probably wasnt till Dauphine that he started to put it together.

*and people wonder why Sky didnt just swap over to him as leader during the Tour :?
  • dabber
    its on vimeo - but as per youtube, I'd move fast

Yup, and in a bit higher quality than the Youtube posted one I think.

• To be fair Froome was sick early part of the year. DNF at Tour of the Algarve with chest infection, then had a bout of his bilharzia, which is why he wasnt at P-N. Then had that little training accident in Italy.* Only got back to decent block of training in Apr. Probably wasnt till Dauphine that he started to put it together.

*and people wonder why Sky didnt just swap over to him as leader during the Tour :?

Didn't Wiggins and Cavendish both just have crashes in training?
  • To be fair Froome was sick early part of the year. DNF at Tour of the Algarve with chest infection, then had a bout of his bilharzia, which is why he wasnt at P-N. Then had that little training accident in Italy.* Only got back to decent block of training in Apr. Probably wasnt till Dauphine that he started to put it together.

Didn't Wiggins and Cavendish both just have crashes in training?

Yeah. The real point I was trying to make is that due to being a sickly person earlier in the year Froome wasnt stomping on the pedals up Mount Teide like Wiggins was, till later in his season.
  • its on vimeo - but as per youtube, I'd move fast

Thanks for that ... was a decent watch ...

Not a huge wiggins fan but his training shed made me jealous ...
  • link broken. Bah!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Sky and/or the film maker chasing down every time they discover an upload

Cant you go to the torrents of cycling fun, YP?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7FdQCKxuc

Saturday morning it works. You ain't seen me, right?
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Sky and/or the film maker chasing down every time they discover an upload

Cant you go to the torrents of cycling fun, YP?

sorted now RR. Wiggo better go to the same trouble to watch "A Year about Yellow (Peril)" when it is released off handycam
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • bobinski
    bobinski Posts: 570
    Not working for me :(
  • Been taken down again :(
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • Yessss after a lot of searching I have finally found and watched it here

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/12/b ... in-yellow/
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Cheers, well worth watching.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    stocker wrote:
    Yessss after a lot of searching I have finally found and watched it here

http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/12/b ... in-yellow/

well found, and thanks for the heads up....

do people know that they can use realplayer downloader to grab these videos? then it's downloaded and you can save it to watch at leisure without fear of it disappearing.