Dilemma

dave35
dave35 Posts: 1,124
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
Bit long winded but here we go, 2nd baby on way so racing is out the window for a few years-so I currently have 2 bikes-1 time trial bike/one road bike. My dilemma being to sell the t.t bike and the road bike to buy a canyon with ultegra di2 on it or just sell the t.t bike. Road bike at the moment is a Pinarello FP 2 with campag record carbon groupset-frame one year old groupset is 5 years old,wheels are xero lite and my nice day wheels are mavic cosmic carbon SLE.
So do I flog the lot for £2000 and go for the canyon? Or just out the t.t bike???????

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,923
    Just keep both, buy the canyon and tell the Mrs to get another job! Problem solved ;)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Keep both and just upgrade the groupset on your Pina?
  • dave35
    Legendlust, the plan is to not spend any extra cash-The mrs has said if i did pack up racing and just wanted one nice bike then whatever i raised by selling stuff would pay for nice new bike, can't see what i would upgrade campag record to.
  • LegendLust
    dave35 wrote:
    Legendlust, the plan is to not spend any extra cash-The mrs has said if i did pack up racing and just wanted one nice bike then whatever i raised by selling stuff would pay for nice new bike, can't see what i would upgrade campag record to.

Easy. EPS! :wink:
  • dave35
    Not at £3000 a go
  • BikeSwan
    BikeSwan Posts: 260
    If your dead set on getting an Electronic shifting group, Campagnolo make EPS all the way down to Veloce (I think). Sell the TT, and the Record Carbon. Then change to the EPS.

If I were you; I'd sell the TT and keep the Pinarello as it is. A Pinarello FP 2 with Campag Record Carbon would be fine as a nice road bike for everyday rides (I assume). The amount you would loose on the second hand market for the two bikes would just not be worth it (in my opinion).

Congrats on the kid by the way!
  • LegendLust
    BikeSwan wrote:
    If your dead set on getting an Electronic shifting group, Campagnolo make EPS all the way down to Veloce (I think). Sell the TT, and the Record Carbon. Then change to the EPS.

If I were you; I'd sell the TT and keep the Pinarello as it is. A Pinarello FP 2 with Campag Record Carbon would be fine as a nice road bike for everyday rides (I assume). The amount you would loose on the second hand market for the two bikes would just not be worth it (in my opinion).

Congrats on the kid by the way!

Athena is the lowest Campag EPS group (so far)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sell the TT bike and upgrade your groupset on the road bike maybe ? I'd not bother with Electronic though.