The King Of Beers

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
... is often represented by the Budweiser Clydesdales and they were in town over the weekend... and while I was pressed for time (couldn't wait to see them hitched to the wagon) I did get a few shots...

Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_5180.jpg
Animal-Dog-Clyde-IMG_5178.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_4553.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_5176.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_5198.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_4577.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_5189P.jpg
Animal-Horse-Clyde-IMG_5204.jpg

Comments

• pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    But, and please don't take this the wrong way, but Budweiser is truly sh!te beer.

I'd rather drink the horses p1ss.
  • Akirasho
    pdstsp wrote:
    But, and please don't take this the wrong way, but Budweiser is truly sh!te beer.

I'd rather drink the horses p1ss.

Look, I'm only repeating what it says in their ads and we all know that you're not allowed to lie in your ads...
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Nothing wrong with Budweisder. It's somehow fashionable to slate it, but imo it's a clean crisp session beer.

Personally, I'm a big fan of real ale, but sometimes a nice cold Budweiser is really quite pleasant.

Carry on.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    dodgy wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Budweisder. It's somehow fashionable to slate it, but imo it's a clean crisp session beer.

Personally, I'm a big fan of real ale, but sometimes a nice cold Budweiser is really quite pleasant.

Carry on.
    perhaps you mean Budvar - yes that's good; the US Bud is less flavourful than pi**; nothing to it but gas and alcohol!
  • I have it on good authority (from a guy who was a brewer at the Budweiser plant in London) that it is specially crafted to have minimal flavour, as the market they are targetting is people who want to drink beer, but don't like the taste.

The Czech stuff is pretty good, and a million miles away from the flavourless piss, which is the only thing worse than the mexican lager that you have to stick lemon in to give it flavour.
  • alfablue
    it is specially crafted to have minimal flavour, as the market they are targetting is people who want to drink beer, but don't like the taste.
    ah, that makes sense, (why it is flavourless, - drinking beer when you don't like the taste of beer doesn't particularly make sense though).
  • dodgy
    alfablue wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Carry on.
    perhaps you mean Budvar - yes that's good; the US Bud is less flavourful than pi**; nothing to it but gas and alcohol!

Nope, I'm quite aware of Budvar. And those that dislike Budweiser always seem to be so quick to point out the existence of it for some reason.

Can't you just accept that some people like it?

I don't get all stroppy on forums when someone says they like a beer that I don't. It's just a matter of taste, the more choice the better.
  • alfablue
    dodgy wrote:
    alfablue wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Carry on.

Nope, I'm quite aware of Budvar. And those that dislike Budweiser always seem to be so quick to point out the existence of it for some reason.

Can't you just accept that some people like it?

I don't get all stroppy on forums when someone says they like a beer that I don't. It's just a matter of taste, the more choice the better.
    I,m sorry Dodgy, yes I can accept some people like it, but the thought of it repulses me and I had an involuntary reaction, it certainly isn't stroppy (not with you).

Edit: or maybe it is stroppy - maybe I'm stroppy because they produce this beer and have the audacity to call it the King of Beers.
  • I was once given free beer in a bar in Vermont because I was the first Brit the owner had met that didn't order a Bud! My tipple of choice for that evening, as I vaguely remember, was Coors Gold. haven't been able to find it in the UK for a while though, seems to have been replaced by Coors Light which I'm not a fan of.
  • dodgy
    Fair one, it is presumptuous to call it 'The King of Beers', in the same way as Springsteen is called 'The Boss'.

I don't think Bud is a great beer, it's just ok and I personally would rather drink it than horse piss, and sometimes at the right moment it can be decent.

At this time of year I'd much rather have a decent British 'winter' ale.
  • alfablue wrote:
    it is specially crafted to have minimal flavour, as the market they are targetting is people who want to drink beer, but don't like the taste.
    ah, that makes sense, (why it is flavourless, - drinking beer when you don't like the taste of beer doesn't particularly make sense though).

No different to alcopops really, created to fill the need for an alcoholic drink for people who don't actually like the taste of alcohol. Also much the same as latte coffees and the like that are flavoured with lots of sugar or syrup, it's coffee for people who don't really like coffee.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    The Americans produce some cracking beers nowadays, I would not count Bud amongst them, I find it too sweet!
  • The Ors
    The Ors Posts: 130
    dodgy wrote:
    Fair one, it is presumptuous to call it 'The King of Beers', in the same way as Springsteen is called 'The Boss'.

Apparently Springsteen is called 'The Boss' because in the early days at gigs he would take the earnings & div them up amongst the band. He is said to dislike his nickname. :wink:
  • The Ors wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Apparently Springsteen is called 'The Boss' because in the early days at gigs he would take the earnings & div them up amongst the band. He is said to dislike his nickname. :wink:

I thought it was because he was a stubby kn0b :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Budweiser is fckuing pish - beer for kids.
  • Its made of rice isnt it - or am I confusing that with rice :D It is sweet though - and to be fair I didnt know BR had so many gayers - beer is beer and thats the end of the matter, I dont mind doing a bit of minesweeping if you dont fancy yours :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    dodgy wrote:

Probably because the company is an unpleasant organisation that tried to crush the real thing in favour of a very inferior product.

Budweiser is really to beer what McDonalds is to beef. It's a bit of a crap product - if you like it fine but don't be surprised when people who like the taste of things disagree with you :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Great horses, but the beer's tasteless piss, I did the brewery trip in Florida once, I prefered the taste of the "stale" one to the "fresh" one in the taste test.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Akirasho
    .. you folks need to lighten up and tell me what you really think of Bud... :roll: :mrgreen:

C'mon, the horses are awesome though right???
  • Beer in the US has moved on a lot in recent years from Budweiser and other rubbish from Coors or Pabst. But you will find people everywhere who are happy to drink pish - why anyone drinks Carling is beyond me.

And aren't those horses missing a dray? I thought the whole point of brewery horses was to pull the dray. Much like the old Young's dray in London, which was a work of art.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Akirasho

And aren't those horses missing a dray? I thought the whole point of brewery horses was to pull the dray. Much like the old Young's dray in London, which was a work of art.

.. Ya, I was at the museum for a completely different reason and was on a tight schedule... when the wagon arrived I was already on a bus and headed for a different part of the base (saw it being readied as the bus pulled away)...

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=12893428