Antur Stiniog Red DH Wild Cart - Slow Rider Content (Again)

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited December 2012 in Your pics and vids
Had a great fun day at Antur Stiniog DH on Saturday, great trails and we were lucky with the weather.

Got 13 runs in - at £26 for the uplift, who can argue with £2 a run??

Pity I didn't take notice of the warnings about punctures, my SX carcass Clutch on the back wasn't man enough and 3 of my runs were finished off with punctures - good job I took enough tubes!!

Here's the edit of my time on the Red + a couple of bonuses at the end :D

Antur

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    there's a very strong chance that a few of us are going up there on the 28th, would you be up for that?
  • welshkev wrote:
    there's a very strong chance that a few of us are going up there on the 28th, would you be up for that?

Probably not mate, after the day at Cwmcarn DH & then at Antur Stiniog DH my SX Trail will be going up for sale this week - I want a full on DH bike!!

So I don't know if I'll have a new bike by the 28th.

As long as the weather's good (not sure how likely that is at the end of December mind) you'll love it.

I did 1 run on the blue as a warm-up then 9 runs on the red, then 1 on the black (not the double-black, I wasn't going anywhere near that), then finished off with 2 runs on the Red.

I missed out on 3 runs whilst fixing punctures, I think Mike & Alex who I was with did 15+ runs!!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ah ok, no worries. what bike you going for?
  • welshkev wrote:
    ah ok, no worries. what bike you going for?

No idea yet, keeping an open mind - there's lots of second-hand ones on the market at the moment as the racers upgrade to the 2013 bikes, so should be able to pick up something decent for not too much cash.

Depending on how much I get for the SX I might even go for a new YT Tues.....
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Proutster wrote:

Or a "one careful owner" tues.... Oh sorry, it's Alex's :)
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Proutster wrote:

Or a "one careful owner" tues.... Oh sorry, it's Alex's :)

I wondered if you'd bite on that one - put it there specially to see if I could catch me a fish!!!!
  • how much you thinking of selling it for? got a link?
  • fyldesmurf wrote:
    how much you thinking of selling it for? got a link?

Hi mate, it's on Ebay right now - clicky

But if you wanted to make me an offer......PM me.