Reverb on a Canyon Nerve xc

compo
compo Posts: 1,370
edited December 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm just about to hit buy on the £150 reverb from merlin.

Just a few questions first

1) There are two lengths, 355mm and 420mm both with 100mm drop. I currently have about 200mm of my post showing from the frame, which length would be best?

2) Do reverbs come as 'plug in and play' or is there bleeding work to do first?

3) Does anyone have any advice, or better still, pictures of cable routing on similarly designed suspension platforms?

Cheers

Comments

• I've got a nerve xc with a 125 reverb - the one with the longest overall length (cant remember what it is for mine). If fits in the frame all the way down so I'd say get the longer one in case you change frame later to something with a shorter seattube.

Why not a 125mm version btw?

For routing the included cable is exactly the right length witout cutting to tie onto the rear brake cable, down the downtube, then up behind the seattube (well it is on my medium). This also means when the post is dropped the loop moves backwards and doesnt hit my legs etc. If you want it shorter you'll have to cut then bleed it with the kit (lots of info on the Rockshox site on doing this).

I dont have any photos since it was fitted (must remedy that soon).

#Edit: forgot to say mine came with no air in so you'll need a shock pump obviously. Other than that I didnt have to do anything as I didnt cut the cable.
  • compo
    Thanks for the info. I was looking into that way of doing it.

The 100mm is only £150 on Merlin Cycles and hence I'm getting that one :)

I managed to mess up the order. My billing adress is different to my delivery adress; but I only gave the delivery address didn't I. DUH!
  • Wow that's a bargain!

For anyone looking for the longer drop one I got my 125mm from hibike.de for £175 delivered.
  • compo
    Just received confirmation, the order was fine. Excellent service from Merlin as ever. Just hope it comes in time for Hammers on Sunday :)
  • compo
    I've just realised its an MMX. However I've not got compatable brake levers (unless elixir 3s are, but I think not)
    Is a mount included?

EDIT: Just found this
    the mmx is the same as the normal bar mount just with an extra bit for fitting your xx brakes to. This bit can be removed so is then like a normal bar mount for the reverb.

So I've answered my own question - I'm fine