Nalini/PBK jersey sizing

duckson
duckson Posts: 961
edited December 2012 in Road buying advice
I'm interested in this Probikekit long sleeved jersey:- http://www.probikekit.com/uk/clothing/c ... ersey.html

Just wondering if anyone has bought one or could tell me how Nalini (who seem to make it) size up?
I'm about a 38" chest so was thinking of either medium (38-40") as per the chart or size up to the large (40-42").

Note i recently bought a Castelli jacket and thats XL! Also got the L at the same time and the XL fit better certainly around the high neck (maybe i have a large neck).

Thanks.
Cheers, Stu

Comments

• I've got this jersey and love it. Very well made and I'm thinking of getting the short sleeve version ready for the spring. I got the XL for my 44 inch chest and it fits perfectly.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I recently bought a PBK own-brand Performance short-sleeved jersey. I'm 38in chest and 5ft 10in and ordered large as I believed it would be Italian sizing - one size up from UK. But in fact the large was very big - considerably bigger than my two Castelli jerseys in large. I would have been much better off with a medium.

I've just laid the PBK large and Castelli large jerseys flat on the floor and measured the width just under the armpits. PBK is 22in and Castelli is 20in.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Nalini stuff is italian sizes so size up -> I take a medium normally but a large in Nalini

PBK kit may be different though (i.e. they may have specified sizes suitable for the UK)
  • duckson
    FELTZ95 wrote:
    I've got this jersey and love it. Very well made and I'm thinking of getting the short sleeve version ready for the spring. I got the XL for my 44 inch chest and it fits perfectly.

Any chance you could measure it armpit to armpit please?
    Its sounding like these are at least sized as per the chart.

Is it warm enough for say 8c or higher in your opinion?
    I usually wear a long sleeved compression top underneath most things as well.
    Cheers, Stu
  • I'm hopeless with measuring but have attempted it and make it 54cm armpit to armpit. I've used it with my long sleeved lidl compression top in temperatures between 6 -12 degrees in the last few weeks and its been warm enough for me. Anything colder or very windy and I revert to a dhb windslam roubaix jersey.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    dunno if it came from the same manufacturer but I have the non-team one and it's not as super slim as a santini but not a bad fit - I also have a moa sport (see the logo on the jersey) that is an early highroad and it's a race cut

I'm a 38 and I get medium which is a close fit
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • duckson
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
    Cheers, Stu
  • duckson
    Just thought i'd update this.
    Ordered the M and L and have decided to keep the L.
    Fit wise there wasnt a massive amount in it. Around the body the M was slightly tighter (L is pretty slim fitting anyway so not baggy at all, not alot in it), the sleeve lengths are identical (laid both of them down) but the L is about an inch longer on the body.
    I felt the M was too short at the front (i'm not tall though, 5ft 9), if i moved about a bit you could see the zip on my bib longs!
    Measuring the L and its 20" exactly armpit to armpit (the point the front/back/arm material meets) so i dont know why Mercia Man's above was 22" although manufacturer could be different?!
    Measured the L against my Altura short sleeve Team top in L and the length was identical.
    My own measured chest size is 38".
    Cheers, Stu