New mobile web app for mountain biking in Wales

TrailGuru
TrailGuru Posts: 53
edited December 2012 in MTB general
Hi guys.

I wonder if those of you with smartphones would like to check out TrailGuru Mobile - our brand new mobile website for mountain biking in Wales. We have loads of trails listed (currently just over 60) with all the vital info to help you choose an awesome ride. The site also lists details of local accommodation, pubs, bike shops and guides etc.

The web app really comes into its own if your device has GPS as you can locate your nearest trails wherever you are at the time. Its a hugely useful tool whilst out and about exploring Wales, particularly if you want to try somewhere new.

To view the website, go to trailguru.co.uk on your mobile.

Looking forward to some valuable and helpful feedback.

Cheers,
Kev
www.trailguru.co.uk - The ultimate guide to mountain biking in Wales

Comments

• Looks like a great site! I live 15mins away from coed y brenin so we've been sticking to that and not venturing anywhere else yet (llandegla once and antur stiniog) so were keen to try out the rest of the local stuff, added to my home screen thanks :-)
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Good site 8)
    Reminds me it's been far too long since I've ridden in Wales :|
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Seems alright, nothing there that I didn't know already though and not really a great deal of information (trail maps etc).
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    Seems alright, nothing there that I didn't know already though and not really a great deal of information (trail maps etc).

Thanks for the feedback. We realise that for a lot of experienced mountain bikers, the information is not going to be a revelation, but TrailGuru is predominantly aimed more towards riders who haven't ridden much in Wales or who are new to the sport. That said, hopefully even very knowledgable riders could benefit from simple things like tracking down a local pub for a pint after a ride.
    www.trailguru.co.uk - The ultimate guide to mountain biking in Wales
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Tidy!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Fair enough, I guess for riders that are new to Wales it would be handy - having lived here for the last couple of years I know most of the obvious places. I guess I was kind of expecting something more along the lines of route plans for natural routes etc.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Some people are enver happy :roll: :lol:
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Noted,
    Were having a long weekend of MTBing in North Wales early next year so will see how we go with it.