Bib straps too long. Sell on or try and shorten?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,944
edited December 2012 in Commuting chat
Hello all,

Wore some shimano windflex bib tights today, and the leg fit and general fit is spot on.

Where I struggle is that the straps seem too long, as in I can feel the pad slips forward, and the straps are not under a lot of tension when being worn. I put this down to me having a fairly short torso in comparison to leg length.

So my question is, should I try and shorten the straps with needle and thread, or is this destined not to hold or be uncomfortable, or should I just stick them on ebay?
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• What are your sowing skills like? :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    What are your sowing skills like? :wink:

I would imagine that if the shorts are a little baggy then it will only help in the scattering of his seed.
  • What are your sowing skills like? :wink:

I would imagine that if the shorts are a little baggy then it will only help in the scattering of his seed.

PMSL - I knew it looked wrong when I wrote it! My spelling today is only sew sew :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,680
    Tie a knot in them....seriously!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Fold them over and stitch them. Its what I do.
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.