Lapierre Zesty front mech

lugsey2k5
lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
edited December 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

I am in need of a new front mech due to a snapped cable pinch bolt for my lapierre zesty 514 2010.

I just wanted to confirm this is the right mech, looks the same: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=20686

E type?
Thanks
Ian

Comments

• Thats a 9 speed yours would be a 10 speed so may make a difference.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • The 2010 was 9 speed but thanks for the reply assuming that's the right type then.

Taking it to work tomorrow to dry drill out the old hole and re- tap it, if not its new mech time.
  • My Zesty is a 2010 and it's a 10 speed
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Yeah should be 9 speed and that mech will work. I actually changed mine to an SLX double-specific model when I went 2x9 as it's supposed to cope with the jump a bit better so might be worth looking at if you're 2x9 also (although they're hard to get hold off, had to get mine from one of the German shops in the, can't remember which though!)
  • lugsey2k5 wrote:

Sorry i take it back mines a 2011 :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Got E-thirteen 36t Chainring and E-thirteen LG-1 Chainguide If You Want To Go Single From My 2009 Zesty 514 :shock:
  • The bike is currently set up 2x9 so slx double would work although would also mean switching shifter? Im guessing not.

Going single is a good possibility, Just moved down to London in the last few months from the North east and its much flatter here, i think if i force my self to use my bigger ring more ill build the leg strength to switch to single