Look Keo v RSP v Exustar - any feedback??

Trikeman
Trikeman Posts: 151
edited December 2012 in Road general
Hi All,
I have Look Keo carbon's on my fave road bike and am thinking about getting similar for other bikes I have here. I have seen other pedals claiming Keo compatability like the RSP and Exustar ranges and they 'look' good value for the money (I can't justify (afford) paying Keo carbon prices for the second use bikes) and I want to use the same shoes/cleats where possible.

Has anyone here used the alternatives mentioned above - and if you have what do you think of them?????

All feedback appreciated before I press the Buy It Now button. :|

Regards,

Trikeman. :wink:
With a huff and a puff the old man gets to the top - eventually ;o

After one enormous 'cull' this is all that's left.
Sabbath September Ti.
Specialized Stumpjumper Pro FSR.

Comments

• The hire bikes at the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome in glasgow are fitted with Exustar pedals.

My son has been using them there over the last few weeks.

My observations are that they are compatible with look keo cleats, as the genuine cleats on his race shoes work fine. The quality seems quite good, though the bearings on the ones on the hire bikes are definately not as smooth as his own Max2 Carbon pedals.

I thought about buying these for my son but found some Max 2 Carbon's on bike-discount. de, which I think are a better buy, and not too expensive for a second bike.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I have some Exustar pedals, not sure which model they are but they're the ones with the metal body. They cost me about £30 and they're every bit as good as standard Keo Classics that cost about twice as much. Unless you're worried about a few grams or the bling of high end Keo's then the Exustar make sense. Ideal for a winter bike or commuter as well.
    More problems but still living....
  • Planet X are doing some branded look keo easy pedals for £30 at the moment. Might be good enough for a winter bike?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    gloomyandy wrote:
    Planet X are doing some branded look keo easy pedals for £30 at the moment. Might be good enough for a winter bike?

They're Keo Easy - no adjustment. The Exustar are better.
    More problems but still living....
  • Trikeman
    Trikeman Posts: 151
    Thanks for the feedback and pointers Gents.

All good info.

Regards

Trikeman. :wink:
    With a huff and a puff the old man gets to the top - eventually ;o

After one enormous 'cull' this is all that's left.
    Sabbath September Ti.
    Specialized Stumpjumper Pro FSR.