cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Noisy hubs. Just freewheel a bit.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    We're all out to enjoy the countryside, live and let live for goodness sakes, I slow down for peds, to just above walking pace, a polite excuse me/good morning as appropraite and then go past.....

The other day I thanked a dog walker as he got his dog under control as soon as he knew I was there, he thanked me profusely for not just charging past.....

This^

The guy the OP was overreacting really, but a bit of courtesy helps.

There's a bad perception of MTB'ers in some places because of bad riding etiquette. Be polite, say thanks, warn of your approach and if someone STILL gets ar$ey, ignore them and enjoy the rest of your ride.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Greer_ wrote:
    Do many people here actually use bells?
    Probably not here... in the mountain biking section of the forums.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Greer_ wrote:
    Do many people here actually use bells?
    Probably not here... in the mountain biking section of the forums.

Aaah but I have a 2-3 mile cycle along a narrow path to get to the trails, and to link trails together! And i'm sure others do too :wink: really sorta ruins the look of the mountain bike though!

I've now stuck a bell on my bike, but I don't particularly like using it! I still prefer the "excuse me" and "thanks" but it does come in handy the odd time like blind corners etc.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    We have an image to uphold, just scream obscenities at people as loudly as you can.
  • We have an image to uphold, just scream obscenities at people as loudly as you can.

Yeah but then they will scream obscenities back at you and before you know it you get drawn into a conversation with them...... which will be probably be the highlight of there miserable lives for the rest of the month.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    We have an image to uphold, just scream obscenities at people as loudly as you can.

Yeah but then they will scream obscenities back at you and before you know it you get drawn into a conversation with them...... which will be probably be the highlight of there miserable lives for the rest of the month.
    Not a problem for Yeehaa. He thinks the local sheep are actually people, just no one has the heart (or cares enough) to tell him the voices he hears are just in his head.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee

But conversations where you scream obscenities at each other loudly are the only kind of conversations worth having, really.
    So it's a win win.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716

Gives me a reason to swear profusely at them when they don't move!
  • cooldad wrote:
    Not a problem for Yeehaa. He thinks the local sheep are actually people, just no one has the heart (or cares enough) to tell him the voices he hears are just in his head.

When you put it that way I don't know who requires my sympathy more. Yeehaa, or the sheep.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    cooldad wrote:

When you put it that way I don't know who requires my sympathy more. Yeehaa, or the sheep.
      66608.jpg
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011