Float RLC FIT filling the lowers with oil.

x-isle
x-isle Posts: 794
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Finally got around to stripping down 2 sets of forks and rebuilding after a service.

One is a 2009 Float R and the other is a 2008 Float R which has been upgraded with an 2010 RLC FIT damper (some years ago).

I've been looking at the excellent service guide on Fox's website, however, when it comes to filling the damper side with oil after re-assembly, it mentions pulling up on the top cap of the damper to pour the oil in. This is fine with the older non-FIT damper, but when pulling up on the top cap of the FIT damper, it doesn't pull out very far. Certainly not enough to pour the liquid in, however, all ok as it's only 30ml of oil (due to it being FIT) and I used a syringe to get the oil in there.

Is this normal that there isn't much clearance to get the oil in? It's just that I can't seem to find any reference to a FIT damper on Fox's site.

Thanks all.
Craig Rogers

Comments

• x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I may have answered my own question as some other instructions (albeit different model) for FIT mention torquing the top cap first and filling from below.
    Craig Rogers