Shimano or Campag ?

bicicleta
bicicleta Posts: 4
edited November 2012 in Road general
Hi!

A lot of debate around which group set to go for. I have campag, but thinking of changing.
There is this competition tomorrow 01/12, experts talking about mechanical SHIMANO vs. electric CAMPAGNOLO.

I will be there! Event details below:

In a FREE EVENT, Cadence Performance in Crystal Palace gives a unique opportunity to test out 2 significant new product launches from the component industry’s undeniable leaders: Campagnolo Athena EPS and Shimano Dura Ace 9000.

WHEN : This Saturday, Dec. 1st, @ 12:00 noon
WHERE : Cadence at 2a Anerley Hill, SE19 2AA - Crystal Palace. London
0208 676 8825

There’ll be two short presentations from the experts followed by a Q&A session and YOUR CHANCE to test-ride the groupsets afterwards on our Tacx Genius Virtual Reality turbo trainers.

CADENCE Cycling Performance Centre - South London's best cycling community

0208 676 8825
[www.cadenceperformance.com]
@cadenceperform
[www.facebook.com]

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    FTFY (the headline I mean).
    bicicleta wrote:
    Hi!

A lot of debate around which group set to go for. I have campag, but thinking of changing.
    There is this competition tomorrow 01/12, experts talking about mechanical SHIMANO vs. electric CAMPAGNOLO.

I will be there! Event details below:

In a FREE EVENT, Cadence Performance in Crystal Palace gives a unique opportunity to test out 2 significant new product launches from the component industry’s undeniable leaders: Campagnolo Athena EPS and Shimano Dura Ace 9000.

WHEN : This Saturday, Dec. 1st, @ 12:00 noon
    WHERE : Cadence at 2a Anerley Hill, SE19 2AA - Crystal Palace. London
    0208 676 8825

There’ll be two short presentations from the experts followed by a Q&A session and YOUR CHANCE to test-ride the groupsets afterwards on our Tacx Genius Virtual Reality turbo trainers.

CADENCE Cycling Performance Centre - South London's best cycling community

0208 676 8825
    [www.cadenceperformance.com]
    @cadenceperform
    [www.facebook.com]
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    They all work, so a major factor has to be how the hoods feel, and thats personal preference. The rest is bling.

Says he with Campag Super Record hahaha
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    Good opportunity if you re in the market though...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Why not Super Record vs Dura Ace 9000 and Ultegra Di2 vs Athena EPS?
  • Why not Super Record vs Dura Ace 9000 and Ultegra Di2 vs Athena EPS?

Because Super Record has no Shimano equivalent. It's probably around Chorus / Record.

Who are these 'experts'?

We can all read the specs of both group sets and as a previous poster has stated, the main differences are personal.
  • Here we go again.
  • 406c66ebbb1fbe3dec05182ac90bc319.jpg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    Why not Super Record vs Dura Ace 9000 and Ultegra Di2 vs Athena EPS?

Cos it's a promotional event designed to sell as much of the most expensive stuff they can and make the most money. You think they re doing it for altruistic reasons?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver