A little round up of my best products of 2012...

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited November 2012 in MTB general

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't read blogs. Your opinion is of no value.
    And you probably have a smelly helmet.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    I don't read blogs. Your opinion is of no value.
    And you probably have a smelly helmet.

I can guarantee it will improve your life...not hard I know. And my helmets (plural) are in not bad condition after all they've been through this year...but yes, my small one is a little smelly I'll give you that
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Just looks like it's sh!t you've bought and liked rather than a review of similar products to find the best. But then, I didn't exactly read it.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    As the man says "it’s just sh1t I dig..you dig?"... fair enough. Hmm... SLX brakes. I may want some.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Same here with the brakes, They look very tasty and well priced.
  • Nice blog - enjoyed it, with a little dash of envy derived from reading about where you live :D

Re brakes - I have the Deores and I honestly can't understand why more power is needed! SLX make a load of sense, and at around £100 the price is crazy - why go for XT or XTR?

Also, the review of the food products are usefully to me, as I'm terrible for not eating pre-ride and these are the kind of thing you could eat or mix easily.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well written even if as a product guide it's meaningless (but you know that) the SLX brakes are probably this years best bike product launch though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Just looks like it's sh!t you've bought and liked rather than a review of similar products to find the best. But then, I didn't exactly read it.
      i think the clue is in the title of his thread
        but then you probably didn't read that either :wink:
      Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
    • njee20
      njee20 Posts: 9,613
      why go for XT or XTR

They're lighter.
    • Nice blog - enjoyed it, with a little dash of envy derived from reading about where you live :D

Re brakes - I have the Deores and I honestly can't understand why more power is needed! SLX make a load of sense, and at around £100 the price is crazy - why go for XT or XTR?

Also, the review of the food products are usefully to me, as I'm terrible for not eating pre-ride and these are the kind of thing you could eat or mix easily.

Cheers! When you got 3,000m+ mountains everywhere, the additional power is greatly appreciated :wink: - saying that I came from a set of '06 Deore's (which were great) so I'm presuming the newer models are even more improved. But the stopping power is vastly improved and as I say appreciated over here.

Do the new(er) Deore's have the same lever's as the SLX? Because that is another area where in my opinion Shimano have got it sewn up

Trek Session 8
    • bartimaeus
      bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
      njee20 wrote:
      why go for XT or XTR

They're lighter.

:D (and we know you are 'weight conscious')
      Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
      Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
      Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
    • chez_m356 wrote:
      Just looks like it's sh!t you've bought and liked rather than a review of similar products to find the best. But then, I didn't exactly read it.
        i think the clue is in the title of his thread
          but then you probably didn't read that either :wink:

:lol:

Trek Session 8