Where to get Rock Shox spare R8010057 Air spring assembly

rajkumarpatel79
rajkumarpatel79 Posts: 22
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,
I have recently bought Rock Shox REBA RL Solo Air fork 100mm with poploc for my Boardman MTB Comp. I wanted to increase the travel to 120mm. I took it to one of the bike shops in Watford who said that they can do it for £40 (thought that its just about removing spacers). Now they have come back and said that this work will need a new spare: Rock Shox Air Spring Assembly 187.2mm (Part number: R8010057) and its for £75.00. Additionally, they have said that it wont come until Dec 12th after ordering and it will come from SRAM directly.

I tried searching online but no luck. Please could anyone help me out as where can I get this spare online cheaper some.

regards
Raj

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like there is none instock so it is unlikely you will find one.

Try TFtuned or CRC.

sounds like you got a OE fork that was not all travel.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Probably cheaper to buy new 120 ones and sell your old ones.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    sounds like there is none instock so it is unlikely you will find one.

Try TFtuned or CRC.

sounds like you got a OE fork that was not all travel.

Hi, I tried calling TFtuned, but they say that the stock availability is TBC and they cannot order it or give a date as when this will be available. Havent checked with CRC (will give a check with them). As far as fork is concerned I bought it from on-one.co.uk after checking with forum over here. Had I know that I would have to spend additional on spare and pain of getting spare, I would have bought the OE version of same fork for £339 from CRC (with 120mm travel).
  • nicklouse
    If TF dont know when and CRC dont have any then you are stuck. unless you start looking at non UK sites. but is is not a common part to stock.
    As far as fork is concerned I bought it from on-one.co.uk after checking with forum over here
    did you not check with On-One?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • benpinnick
    You can get it for £62 at petracycles, but you should also check whether you'll need a new rebound assembly too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • nicklouse
    benpinnick wrote:
    You can get it for £62 at petracycles, but you should also check whether you'll need a new rebound assembly too.
    out of stock. and on back order.
  • benpinnick
    Yeah, forgot to mention that bit. Still cheaper though.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    If TF dont know when and CRC dont have any then you are stuck. unless you start looking at non UK sites. but is is not a common part to stock.
    As far as fork is concerned I bought it from on-one.co.uk after checking with forum over here
    did you not check with On-One?
    I did check with on-one and they said that travel can be increased, but I didnt know that it wont be by removing spacers anymore. SRAM wants to sell more OE of the fork with 120mm, rather than people buying cheap 100mm's and get it adjusted themselves. I believe in the old models of REBA RL Solo Air fork (2010), it was done by removing spacers (as a service provided by jejamescycles.co.uk for £10. I'll try to order the spare from my Bike shop in Watford, atleast it will come by Dec 12th.
  • nicklouse
    I believe in the old models of REBA RL Solo Air fork (2010), it was done by removing spacers (as a service provided by jejamescycles.co.uk for £10. I'll try to order the spare from my Bike shop in Watford, atleast it will come by Dec 12th.
    only the All travel forks. and most OE forks are not all travel.
  • nicklouse wrote:
    I believe in the old models of REBA RL Solo Air fork (2010), it was done by removing spacers (as a service provided by jejamescycles.co.uk for £10. I'll try to order the spare from my Bike shop in Watford, atleast it will come by Dec 12th.
    only the All travel forks. and most OE forks are not all travel.
    I couldnt see if "ALL" or "OE" is specified in the description of the forks:
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRBRL/ro ... plock_2013
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    It also doesn't say anywhere that they can be extended to 120mm. It would've been a better idea to email them first if it's not clear.