iPhone 5 Mount Cases/Brackets

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited November 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I used to have one of the simple click it in phone mounts for my iPhone 4 and splash proofing in the form of wrapping the phone in a sandwich bag 8)

...however now i've just got an iPhone 5 and being new im a bit loathed to do it that way. I was seriously considering the Topeak DryBag for the 4 but have seen somewhere the 5 wont fit :?

Apart from that have been looking on eBay at something like this

mx5DsAvBzaZBIWNIMUfRXaA.jpg

&

mfkd6aC9J7GrsV1MxVDE_Vg.jpg

anyone got any recommendations? ideally id like it to be water/spash proof and not to have to remove the existing protective case plus not have a massive gap between the handlebar and phone like on the picture above.

thanks

Dan

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Q - how do you know someone has an iPhone.

A - They tell you.

You will crash, it will break and you will cry.
    Handlebars are not a great place for something fragile - keep it in your camelbak/pocket/whatever.

IMHO.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    As above, my recommendation would be to keep it somewhere safe.
  • steady on ...thought peeps would need to know which case I was looking for :mrgreen:

unrelated but i was quite happy with the previous model but had a contract to renew and the trade in value was equal to the new one so figured it was worth it if just to have a phone with in manufacturer warrenty.

back on topic i think your right and will wait till its a little older, just a PITA as was really good for following GPX trail routes.

Dan
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    We probably sound we're right miserable sods, but we just don't want you to break your phone.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I use a Topeak dry bag on my iphone 4. Never had an issue. You can even inflate it a little for padding.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • cooldad
    EH_Rob wrote:
    We probably sound we're right miserable sods, but we just don't want you to break your phone.
    And cry.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    benpinnick wrote:
    I use a Topeak dry bag on my iphone 4. Never had an issue. You can even inflate it a little for padding.
    But you don't fall off, being a heroic type and all that.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    A garmin.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • cooldad wrote:
    EH_Rob wrote:
    And cry.

no & probably :mrgreen:
    benpinnick wrote:

thats what I want - if it will fit... how tight is it in there? width will be the same but got 8-10mm extra on the height

Dan
  • FYI I had an e-mail back from Topeak and theres a revision of the DryBag set for release in Febuary for the iPhone 5.

DAn