petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
Is this not the best looking kids bike you've ever seen

belter_kids_bike.jpg

Belt drive, carbon post cool as ****

Shameless plug, we sell them in our shop :D

http://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/p9179/Ear ... LdUy6ztTg9

Seriously though, this is freekin awsome, I wish I was a kid again. Should be arriving with us tomorrow....

Comments

• LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    That is seriously nice.
  • No good for my lad, he leaves his bloody bike out in the garden all the time.

This time of year with the rain that seatpost would have melted.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    Awesome. I love belt drive bikes.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    What do kids know? :(

I showed my daughter, she prefers this!

315009?$prod$
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • petemadoc
    NapoleonD wrote:

315009?$prod$

Sheesh tell me about it. My kids are a bit older now and they've got Isla bikes but they're still jealous of their mates who ride supermarket specials covered in tassels.

Years ago we went to the LBS to look for a first bike, the shop owner showed us some different models. The first one was pink and looked a bit rubbish so he showed us the next model up, it looked pretty much the same so I asked what the difference was..... answer - "this one comes with a dolly on the back and tassels on the handlebars :roll:
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    It's just to make the parents happy that they've got their kid(s) a 'nice' bike. Fair enough, it's nice, but what kid would like that? They prefer flames and flowers and stuff. Also, carbon seatpost? Seriously?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    edited December 2012
    NapoleonD wrote:

315009?$prod$

Is that a Shimano Dura-Ace carbon fibre shopping basket on the front ?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • ben@31
    edited December 2012
    Double post
  • ben@31
    Double post
  • ben@31
    Double post
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    ben@31 wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

315009?$prod$

Is that a Shimano Dura-Ace carbon fibre shopping basket on the front ?

No, AX-Lightness.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    NapoleonD wrote:

315009?$prod$
    So what you're saying then Nap is she prefers Daddy's bike? :D
  • As lovely as it is, I rather fear those edges of the bars, saddle and pedals will be trashed within a week - every kid, especially boys, prefers the running dismount when charging round with friends playing games.

As per others - Buying my daughter her first bike she made a beeline straight for the sparkly one with tassles, handlebar bag, and rear dolly seat. As much I gritted my teeth when paying for it, and despite it apparently weighing more than any of my bikes, she's perfectly happy.

Anyway, what's wrong with a heavy lump of rubbish as a kids bike? I had a Grifter, never did me no harm... apart from my spine and shoulders and neck..
  • ben@31
    I remember as a kid the most important thing about a bike is it must sound like a motorbike. With a bit of plastic sticking into the spokes.

My mate had some electronic box mounted on his handlebars, when you pushed buttons it made machine gun sounds or rocket launcher sounds. I was so jealous.
  • petemadoc
    OK so they turned up today. Turns out the there have been some changes to the spec, the seatpost is not carbon it's alloy and the handlebar grips a chunky black rubber rather than that delicate leather looking stuff.

Probably sensible changes.

@ben I remember those bikes, they were so cool, a friend had one, I think there was a black and blue one and a red one too, they were called wolf or something. Thems were the days when you could ride around on the road and our parents weren't worried..... what changed?
  • petemadoc
    Pic

Early%20Rider%20Belter.jpg

It is very light. Came in at 5.25Kg without pedals on our inaccurate luggage scales