Retro fit of ultegra Di2 to Tarmac 2013 - HELP!

Nathiewafie
Nathiewafie Posts: 15
edited November 2012 in Workshop
Hi guys,

need a bit of advice regards to fitting a Ultegra di2 group-set to my 2013 tarmac elite.
I have no problems drilling and writing off my warranty. I just want to do the neatest, cleanest job possible. Internal cabling is priority.

For those not familiar to the tarmac elite 2013 frame-set, it is standard all external cabling with lugs. Im a little lost how to do this fit.

Any suggestions and even better, diagrams/pictures of anyone who has done a retro fit would be much appreciated.

cheers

Nath

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You can get external loom kits for Ui2 - or are you really serious about taking a drill to your frame?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    "I have no problems drilling and writing off my warranty"..... Lol!
    You attempt to drill the frame and you'll create cracks that you cannot see, and will not know when they'll extend to create a dangerous structure.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    If you seriously want to drill a carbon frame, go ahead. But I'm not responsible for your life.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • tonye_n wrote:
    "I have no problems drilling and writing off my warranty"..... Lol!.

Try putt'n the drill to the side of ya head 1st :?
  • Hey Nath, why don't you just get yourself a new frame?
    You might as well, coz if you drill your existing frame, chances are your gonna need a new one pretty soon after!

In all seriousness mate, as none of us are experts, your probably best asking someone who fixes carbon frames to see what they think.
    There's a website called http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk/index.html so they may be worth a punt (have a look at the repair they've done on a Boardman frame - unbelievable!).

Reckon if you keep existing frame, Monty Dog has the best idea with that kit he mentions.

Good luck (you may need it !) :D
    "There are no hills, there is no wind, I feel no pain !"

"A bad day on the bike is always better than a good day in the office !"