A golden age for slap heads?

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited December 2012 in The cake stop
As someone who is “folically challenged” I’m getting huge encouragement from the number of male celebrities whose once-thinning hair has grown back. James Nesbitt has recovered his locks and now Rob Brydon’s receding barnet has erupted into a plume of sleek luxurious hair. I briefly took up the electric guitar thinking it might help as rock gods almost never lose their hair, but it didn’t work for me. What is the secret? :?
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• Embrace the skin! I started going bald when I was 16 so that was 25 years ago. Shaved it all of in the early 90's and haven't looked back since.

I find it sad that folk want to go out a spend a fortune getting plugs planted into their head.
  • Folically challenged means you are very intelligent and virile!

(I was told this many years ago. No idea if true or not but I've always chosen to believe it :D )
  • I too have inherited the family 'big centre parting', as well as periodically having alopecia.

Embrace the bald, for it is righteous and saves a fortune on hair care, means you can wear hats without worry, and numerous other benefits.

Except out on the platform at London Bridge railway station in January - that is possibly the coldest most forsaken place in the country. Hair would be useful there.
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    Embrace the skin! I started going bald when I was 16 so that was 25 years ago. Shaved it all of in the early 90's and haven't looked back since.

I find it sad that folk want to go out a spend a fortune getting plugs planted into their head.

+1

Best thing i ever done, though i wasn't going bald. I just fancied a change and haven't looked back since.
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    LiamW wrote:
    Embrace the skin! I started going bald when I was 16 so that was 25 years ago. Shaved it all of in the early 90's and haven't looked back since.

+1

Best thing i ever done, though i wasn't going bald. I just fancied a change and haven't looked back since.

Why should shaving your head make it hard to rotate it? :?
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • LiamW
    LiamW Posts: 358
    Fair enough, wrong choice of words. I haven't regretted it since i wacked it all off.

:P
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I haven't regretted not shaving all my hair off. In fact, I had it cut into a nice style yesterday and one of the ladies in the office says it looks very sexy, and she's proper fit. The baldie who sits a couple of desks away doesn't get such compliments.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    LiamW wrote:

+1

Why should shaving your head make it hard to rotate it? :?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • GiantMike wrote:
    I haven't regretted not shaving all my hair off. In fact, I had it cut into a nice style yesterday and one of the ladies in the office says it looks very sexy, and she's proper fit. The baldie who sits a couple of desks away doesn't get such compliments.

Combover?
  • My hair has been making a slow but steady retreat and I have just got into the habit of having it all trimmed fairly close in a crew cut.

Don't ever remember making a decision to do this, it just happened.

Only realised how far it's receded when we were looking at old holiday snaps from circa 5 years ago last month. :shock: :cry:

I'm gonna miss it when it's gone :roll:
  • Ha! I wouldn't have it back if you paid me! (a bit of a lie but I would require a very large amount of money) I love being bald. The only problem I have is being @rsed to take the clippers to it every couple of weeks. I love not looking a tw@t first thing in the morning and not having to spend a fortune at the barbers or put "product" in my hair.

It is truly a golden age for slapheads. We're acceptable in society now like lezzers, queers and scottish newsreaders.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    It is truly a golden age for slapheads. We're acceptable in society now like lezzers, queers and scottish newsreaders.

What about the gingers?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • symo wrote:

What about the gingers?

Gingers always going to be on the "fringe" pf society :?
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    My mother used to come out with this from time to time:

"A hairy mans a rich man, a hairy women's a witch"

It turned out to be utter rubbish as I like my father am anything but rich, mind you my mother does have a lot of hair on her arms and legs :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't give a monkey's uncle about loosing me head hair but why oh why does it have to start growing everywhere else you don't want it to? :evil:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    GiantMike wrote:

Combover?

No, she has a bob.
  • Let's not forget the aerodynamic benefits. I reckon my shiny pate's worth a couple of watts.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • GiantMike wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Combover?

No, she has a bob.

Best laugh of the week for me :lol:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • If i had the choice, i would take my hair back in an instant. I much preferred having hair, but i'm so used to not having it now, i'm not sure i would like it having it back. It would just be nice to have the choice! An extra layer of warmth in the cold winter would be really handy!
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    Let's not forget the aerodynamic benefits. I reckon my shiny pate's worth a couple of watts.

Stands back and waits for helmet debate to kick off :?
  • Ron Stuart wrote:
    Let's not forget the aerodynamic benefits. I reckon my shiny pate's worth a couple of watts.

Stands back and waits for helmet debate to kick off :?

Ah, well now - I do generally wear a helmet, but for us testosterone rich non-hairy types there's always the risk of helmet head. When the pads in your lid leave longitudinal indentations in you scalp, making you look like an extra off Star Trek DS9.
    I have a policy of only posting comment on the internet under my real name. This is to moderate my natural instinct to flame your fatuous, ill-informed, irrational, credulous, bigoted, semi-literate opinions to carbon, you knuckle-dragging f***wits.
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    No sign of hair loss here, and since I'm 54 and (for the first time since leaving school) unemployed, I intend to grow it until it's long enough to sit on!
    Graham. :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    As I get older, what I lack on the head, I make up for in the nose and ears.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    As my grandmother used to say, 'grass doesn't grow on a busy street'. As my forehead is now significantly more than twice as big as it used to be it's a theory that I subscribe to.